Lower Leagues to Champions League: Drubbings

Have you taken a club for the bottom leagues to the Champions League and given the top dogs a drubbing? Post some screenies for a laugh.

I can't believe it.. Man U were the champions of the league last year.

Now look at them. They're 8th currently but I just knocked them out of the Champs Leauge.

Shocking. GET IN!

01042010202713.png

Congrats in the win against Utd, but from my experience (managing them atm in 2019), after SAF retires the debt gets too much to manage for Utd and they end up a mid table club. I've been managing them for 4 years now and only managed 1 league cup win in all that time and had some horrendous finishes in the league...their rep has fallen badly and we can no longer attract the top class players like we used to, had to flog Macheda last season to Derby (who are now the dominant force in the EPL after a tycoon takeover), just to (narrowly) avoid administration.

Not trying to take anything away from your achievement btw, sorry if it came across that way, beating them by 3 goals when your away from home is still pretty impressive regardless of their financial circumstances.

Have you taken a club for the bottom leagues to the Champions League and given the top dogs a drubbing?

Nope. Noone has ever done this and I don't think it can happen anytime soon.

But as slipknot67 said - Man Utd after Fergie are really bad in all of my games. A miracle if they ever get a CL spot again.

Hey I was surprised as anyone.

I know that Utd go terrible in the game about 7 or 8 seasons in. But this is a bit silly lol, they won the league last year.

They're now 8th and I'm trashing them.

And they still have quality players playing.

It's a success story, and I'd like to see some more lower league teams that are making it drubbing the bigger teams.

Just a bit of fun :D

Nope. Noone has ever done this and I don't think it can happen anytime soon.

Ha ha I wasn't suggesting it hasn't been done before lol.

But you know, if you've trashed some big teams after coming from the lower leagues it would be fun to see the screenies

I know I was just pulling your leg :D

Well im in Scotland's premier coming from the 2nd division so every team for me is a big team :D But from the classic Rangers/Celtic the only 1 I managed to best is Rangers. Celtic are gods in my save.

Utd hired Martin O'Neill in my game after SAF and he got them 4th last season, but they're going mid-table again this season.

Not done it on FM10, only got one save with Spurs, but on FM09 beat chelsea 3-0 away with MK Dons.

I should add that I'm top of Prem and I have won the League Cup and in the Final of the Champs League (Against R.Madrid)

R.Madrid are 2nd. But the spanish league is boring.

I think I'll stay

Well at the moment I've been offered the Real Madrid job.

Currently on

currentwages.png

And offered

realmadridoffer.png

What do I do???

Far too easy at R Madrid - and Ronaldo is 30.. but still class!

Hmmm

Save the game under the name of your current club, accept the Madrid job then save it under a different name. Then if things at Madid don't work out/you get bored you can load up your old career.

I was going to split the game. But decided not to. Still with Leeds. I had lined up several signings for the end of the season, so want to develop these players.

I reckon I could leave in 5 - 7 seasons.

Archived