Wise Decision?

I like to LLM, but am not very successful, play the game for the fun, never really get past the 3rd season.

I want to start a long term game with the team I support (Ebbsfleet United).

The clubs finances are poor, and the squad is poor, I can get friendlies with bigger teams raking in around 5-10k per friendly in gate receipts. I can also get a friendly near on every single day of the week in pre season, and can really get the finances up.

Obviously this is crazy for the fitness of the players, but I give them a 2 week break up to the first game of the season.

Is this a good idea, or is this why I always tend to finish very low in the league?

Thanks

It's not a good idea - they want to be match fit for the start of the season, especially as you normally kick off with quite a few games in the first 2 or 3 weeks. I doubt that's the ONLY reason for your lack of success though; I recommend you do some 'homework' on tactics as well as training - take yourself off to the Tactics & Training forum for a crash course, beginning with downloading the free pdf file TTF10 (sticky at top of forum).

Try 3-4 days between games you'll notice pretty fast that this will be an energy waste for your team at first, but if you stat early you can schedule like 10 games easily that's more than enough for any squad to bring them up, but beware leave at least a weak of game free time just training for your players before the season.

Two weeks break before the season, or did I read that wrong?

The whole idea of pre-season is intense physical training in order to be as fit as possible. A two week period of nothingness will result in lower match fitness and you'll have to make a silly amount of substitutes at half time. Don't do it.

If you're worried about match fitness, give them a break after each game in order to replenish. I have found that by giving them a break after each game, it limits the amount of injuries you get by over working your players.

It's working for me and a few others.

I'd never had friendies every day, far too much, doesn't feel realistic either. You want them to get match practise and be match fit, a 2 week break is no good either (see a players profile, there's a difference between fully fit and match fit).

I just did this to gain finances thats all. At one stage, I was £230k in the black, which for a team like Ebbsfleet, is really good. I'll have to give the tactics a re-shuffle, give the players a break, but also try and gain as much money as possible, ready for a promotion push in the second season

Archived