Player positions

^WHS, plus it depends on his hidden 'versatility' attribute (and maybe adaptability too). Many players just aren't flexible enough to learn new tricks, so it will never happen. Other can learn after a long time, but as soon as you play them in their old position, they forget everything they ever learned.

A player is far more likely to successfully become a natural if he starts off accomplished. A striker with no capacity to defend will ever become a 'natural' defender whatever his varsatility and however long it takes.

no attributes change but he needs to use attributes he is not good at so performance drops

so if i have a striker with really good defensive attributes there would be no point in retraining him as defender because i can just play him there and he will do well?

no!

let me put it in details for not to waste your time!

fact 1: people have some attributes.

fact 2:those attributes change only with training, negatively or positively depending on how they do over the months, years etc

fact 3:players have some cute colors depending on the position you choose on the field.

fact 4:regardless where you play him, his stats will stay the same. The only thing that will change is his performance as he is not used to playing all the positions the same.

example:

a striker with 15 in marking and tackling but innefectual in DC position = disaster if you play him there. makes sense. his marking and tackling ability help him probably delay they oppositions counter attack when they are still on the opponents half. he can't stay in DC position and mark. he doesn't know how!

no!

let me put it in details for not to waste your time!

fact 1: people have some attributes.

fact 2:those attributes change only with training, negatively or positively depending on how they do over the months, years etc

fact 3:players have some cute colors depending on the position you choose on the field.

fact 4:regardless where you play him, his stats will stay the same. The only thing that will change is his performance as he is not used to playing all the positions the same.

example:

a striker with 15 in marking and tackling but innefectual in DC position = disaster if you play him there. makes sense. his marking and tackling ability help him probably delay they oppositions counter attack when they are still on the opponents half. he can't stay in DC position and mark. he doesn't know how!

hmmm ok it just seems like the best way to go would be to reduce certain mental attributes if aplayer is played out of position. For example if you put a striker in defence his physical stats and technical stats won't be any worse but his positioning, decisions, concentration, e.t.c would most likely be worse.

why? would your concentration, positioning and decisions become worse if you were standing at a different post at your job/ school etc?

Yes, absolutely.

I used to be in a very high-powered teaching job in England where my mental faculties needed to be razor sharp to respond to any question a student might throw at me.

Last few years teaching in a developing country where students just don't have the depth of knowledge or understanding, my mental faculties have become very stale through underuse.

A striker playing constantly in defence will lose the match sharpness aspect of making off the ball runs and his ability will indeed deteriorate.

why? would your concentration, positioning and decisions become worse if you were standing at a different post at your job/ school etc?

If you're used to being in different positions on the field your positioning may be less effective or even decisions if you're not educated in playing a particular position. For example a striker may be great at making the right decision when it comes to choosing whether to pass or shoot or run with the ball, but in defence they may not know what decision to make in terms of clearing the ball or passing out of the back.

Archived