A small advice to the community

:thdn: Are you frustrated that the team you decided to manage can't get it together in the first season?

:thdn: You can't approach decent players?

:thdn: You can't lower your wage budget?

:thdn: You want to break your PC because you think that you will never succeed managing a s specific team?

Don't worry! Just be patient during the first season and do the best you can. In the second season things become more realistic and better. More players free and regens, more wages are up to you instead of being pre-determined etc etc.

I hope this helps many new fm players

depends on how you run your club. I don't believe that the first season is balanced for everyone for the simple reason that you get an almost dying club most of the times. For example, Hull had 20 players roster and Bullard had in wages the 40% of the budget!

Realistic is the wrong word. The start of the first season is realistic: that's what's really going on. Getting good players on frees doesn't happen a lot in real life.

I’d say it’s even in a way. Portsmouth doesn’t start with their players they had at the start of the year, which is unrealistic. What you can do from there has nothing to do with realism, it’s just how good of a manager/FM player you are. Realism, I feel, doesn’t enter into it a few years down the track, as anything could happen ;).

It can become easier as you shape the club to be the way you want it to be, but that is not the same as saying it becomes more realistic.

In reality every manager who takes over at a new club, particularly one performing badly, has many issues to sort out.

One of the things that damages realism for me is that when you win the Premier League with, say, Sunderland for arguments sake, you don’t get any improved sponsors. I firmly believe this is a part of FM that is lacking and needs looking into.

I want to say something on-topic, but I have no clue what on-topic is here. :)

Archived