young players refusing to go on loan

I'm playing as Milan and have set up a feeder club deal with Leeds who have top training facilities, i've tried to send some good young players I've signed for my under 20's to them on loan but they've all refused to go.

Why would they refuse to go? They would be getting first team football at a decent level and should, if its possible in the game, come back stronger and better. Preston's not Man Utd but Beckham still went.

Is it too hard to get players to go on loan in the game? It would be good if you could interact with them and basically tell them to go!

Perhaps they don't want to go to England, try loan them to an italian club?

Interact with players is missing big time in the game. You can't tell your players anything. If you tell a AML to hug touchline and he says no, you can't tell him that he needs to do what you say if he wants to stay at the club. There is a lot of other times where interaction is missing, this must changed for FM11

I think this is a real problem with the game as too often young players will not go out on loan to teams below a certain level, even though that is the level they are currently at.

This just does not happen IRL, players are more willing to get first team football and drop down several leagues to do so.

I think it's most likely that they don't want to move abroad at such a young age. Leeds isn't the nicest place to go when you're 30, let alone 17 or 18.

Like Maestro says, try and loan them out to a lower Italian side.

You also have to contemplate whether they are good enough to play for the side you want to send them to. You may think they're good but will the manager of the recipient club? They won't get much use out of being loaned out to a club where they sit on a bench and play reserve football. You may as well keep them in the U20s.

Perhaps they don't want to go to England, try loan them to an italian club?

Interact with players is missing big time in the game. You can't tell your players anything. If you tell a AML to hug touchline and he says no, you can't tell him that he needs to do what you say if he wants to stay at the club. There is a lot of other times where interaction is missing, this must changed for FM11

I think this is the one decent feature in CM2008 and CM2010 - I don't know that it's necessarily implemented well insofar as it effects the game/player/club, as I found CM2008 and 10 to be rather shoddy. However the sort of options they had to communicate with players would be nice to see in a future FM, as long as they can give it a realistic impact.

Archived