ball playing defenders

i set my center back to ball playing and put his mentality to attack.will he actually get on the ball and get foward like a beckenbeur type.as i also set him to run with the ball often.

has anyone else used this and do they get foward.

probably not a good idea unless you have 3 CB's

i am not agree with u.

if the team is strong enough and has creative and tecnichal defender , it is good idea to use him as ball playing defender.

Players like Sandro or Naldo can take care of this position.

i am not agree with u.

if the team is strong enough and has creative and tecnichal defender , it is good idea to use him as ball playing defender.

Players like Sandro or Naldo can take care of this position.

i ment not a good idea to have him in attack and making him run foward all the time, ball playingCB is fine, but attacking? mayswell have him as a supporting CM lol

i find this a tough one as well. Irl vermaelen bombs forward sometimes, and scores fieldgoals too. If he does, song takes a step back, but in the game, this is hard to implement.

Perhaps making Vermaelen and Song swich positions during the game would conjure up the same effect?

it's not that strange. You can expect your cb to bomb forward if you give him more CF and higher mentality. You can also expect to see your cm take a step back if you lower M and CF. However, it's impossible to implement "look for oppurtunities to join an attack" and to the cm "look whether vermaelen sees an opp to join an attack, communicate, and fill in the cb position for him to make sure the def line stays intact". This is where fm is 1's and 0's, while football is more complicated.

it's not that strange. You can expect your cb to bomb forward if you give him more CF and higher mentality. You can also expect to see your cm take a step back if you lower M and CF. However, it's impossible to implement "look for oppurtunities to join an attack" and to the cm "look whether vermaelen sees an opp to join an attack, communicate, and fill in the cb position for him to make sure the def line stays intact". This is where fm is 1's and 0's, while football is more complicated.

This was adressed in pervious fm games by having player runs on the tactics screen where you could use arrows to show where you wanted the players to run but there seems to be no alternative to this in fm 2010.

Archived