Starting new game using DB3

Eventhough I have started a new save using the latest database (DB3) update which includes the January'10 transfers, I feel the game will not be realistic because of the simple fact that the players that were transferred in January'10 were not available at their respective new clubs in July/August'09, in real life.

Your views, please.

Eventhough I have started a new save using the latest database (DB3) update which includes the January'10 transfers, I feel the game will not be realistic because of the simple fact that the players that were transferred in January'10 were not available at their respective new clubs in July/August'09, in real life.

Your views, please.

Maybe you start a 10.3 save then with the 10.0 database? ;)

You could always load a league that starts in February or March 2010, and use that start date. Not ideal but is an option.

I'm repeating myself here but there is really no need to do that;

just start a new game and choose the old database and you'll find yourself playing a patched game (10.3) with all the players at their 'aug 09 team'

I'm repeating myself here but there is really no need to do that; just start a new game and choose the old database and you'll find yourself playing a patched game (10.3) with all the players at their 'aug 09 team'
Yes but if you do that they all have their values / attributes from the start of the Season not the most recent evaluation.

I presume you'd like your cake and to eat it?

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time.

This subject has been talked to death. What are they supposed to do?

Say I'm Spurs, Keane scores a shed load of goals (highly unlikely I know) and then come January 1st shoots off to the Semi Professional League for a loan. How happy am I then? Not at all?

As mentioned this subject has been done to death and as yet no one has come up with a solution that will please everyone. Hopefully someone can but I'm happy with the way things are, and the way its always been. Personally feel there are bigger things for SI to worry about (media, team talks).

You could always load a league that starts in February or March 2010, and use that start date. Not ideal but is an option.
I don't think loading a league that starts in February/March and using that start date for your game is a solution since all leagues in Europe would have started in July/August'09 as per usual, but, with the January'10 transferred players already in their new clubs, i.e. Sol Campbell would be at Arsenal from the start of the season.

Maybe some of you guys didn't quite understand what I meant. I wasn't looking for advice or suggestions. I KNOW I can start a Patch 10.3 save using either the default DB, the DB2 or the DB3. I definitely couldn't do without DB2 (at least) because that fixed a serious bug that prevented the South African Leagues from loading in 2010/11 season.

I basically wanted to know how many of you FM'ers start new saves, now or in the past, using the January transfers updated database, eventhough the new game would not be realistic in terms of correct squads at the start of the season, and if that bothers you or not. And if not, why not?

Archived