Why is my Chairman happy for me to be England boss?! Realism lacking?

So I'm managing Newcastle, doing well on all fronts winning the title 3 consecutive seasons but struggling down in 4th, 4 points off the pace with 7 games to go. Have won and maintaining a lead in all cup competitions but there's a bit of disharmony developing in the ranks.

Stuart Pearce has just been sacked as England manager (I never understand that appointment) and I've been offered the job and I decided to take it as England are struggling at the moment and I like a challenge.

Now, when Capello was offered the Manchester United job he resigned as England manager. This seems to happen automatically to AI managers.

I have taken on the job part time (as all user managers do)

My question is, How realistic is this? Squad disharmony growing, a slight struggle on previous season performances, major competitions to compete in and my Chairman doesn't utter a word.

Can you imagine Randy Lerner letting Martin O'Neil become part time England manager or Kenwright allowing

I think we need an option where the Chairman can fire a warning, take this job and we will review your position (if you fail to achieve objectives or suffer a poor run) then they announce due to 'international commitments, Mike Ashley has reluctantly announced he will be replacing Mr X as Newcastle manager to allow a new manager to concentrate fully on the team'

Or an outright 'take this job and your sacked' or even the Chairman refusing to allow the FA to offer you the job (a la Freddy Shepherd and Bobby Robson) which could then come into your news feed and you could release a comment on it

'Furious with Chairman to deny opportunity'

'No comment'

'Intends to concentrate on domestic football'

I know international management is getting an overhaul but I think these options would add a bit of realism and be a tad more engaging

Thoughts?

This was done because otherwise most ppl wouldnt bother with International management as games are infrequent and very little actually happens.

However this could be looked at, maybe allowing a manager to take charge of the International team would mean he gets less features allowed at club level? This however is so difficult to implement that I dont see it changing. A DoF would help. :)

Maybe if your form started to go downhill the chairman would say "I'm started to get concerned that the international management taking up too much of your time if things don't improve it may not be possible to have 2 jobs". Or "Is concerned you have taken an international job at the same time as managing this team and I hope this doesn't change how the club runs"

Maybe if your form started to go downhill the chairman would say "I'm started to get concerned that the international management taking up too much of your time if things don't improve it may not be possible to have 2 jobs". Or "Is concerned you have taken an international job at the same time as managing this team and I hope this doesn't change how the club runs"

That's what I was aiming at.

I can't imagine a single Premiership Chairman wanting a manager to take on an international job at the same time as being the clubs manager. It's just unfeasible. Even more so when you can take your club staff over with you to international staff as I did

I think my Youth Coach must have been by himself with my Caribbean Scout when it came to International week :D

You could always just resign as Newcastle manager if you want your game to be realistic. Thats prob what I would do. Alot of people like to manage both so ive no problem with it being in the game.

I don't think the OP is saying he has a problem with it being in the game just that it appears to be ignored by the club chairman

It can't be more realistic. Imagine what if a club criticizes, or even deny, its manager to take up the part time role of the manager of the national team, when the manager had shown publicly his desire to manage the nation? A massive PR disaster.

I think you are able to do this because it is fun. SI may have favoured the fun part over the totally realistic.
I agree. Newcastle winning the league 3 seasons in a row is a bit unrealistic - should SI sort that out too?

It's a fun game and it's designed to be played however you want. If you want realism - do some coaching badges! Or just resign from your club.

Back when Hull City were in the lower leagues, with Peter Taylor in charge, he had a spell being part time England U21 manager. This caused problems come international weekend, as a league 1 and 2 team, we still had league games to play. That meant not only losing our few internationals on an international weekend, but losing our manager as well!

It can't be more realistic. Imagine what if a club criticizes, or even deny, its manager to take up the part time role of the manager of the national team, when the manager had shown publicly his desire to manage the nation? A massive PR disaster.

A club has done that

The FA approached Bobby Robson when he was at Newcastle, he even asked for the job, but Freddy Shepherd told the FA to bugger off and Robson was reminded of his loyalties

I'm not against International management but everyone bangs on about realism when its entirely unfeasible that the Glazers would let Fergie manage Scotland or the Americans let Rafa manage Spain without some sort of comeback or threat

Archived