How to get permission to expand the stadium?

My board already admitted that my stadium needs an expansion. For the last 2 seasons they try to expand the stadium, but at the end of the season expansion are being blocked by the council. Is there anyway to get the permission from the council or to build a new stadium somewhere else?

It involves photos of the sitting council members, some shady Serbian ganglords, some hookers, a brown paper bag full of tenners, and a shipment of arms from China.

Just watch out for the guys from "Spooks" though, first hint of those eejits then do one.

It is not the funds issue. The club has the money. I like the idea of 'we're going to expand and not tell the council and hope no-one notices if we give them enough free tickets and boxes options' .

It is a pity that I play around %99 of the stadium, but can't expand it.

Along with the board request option to expand the stadium, there should be a separate option to request a new stadium. It's too hit and miss at the moment with getting new stadia.

i think this has to do with the 'maximum capacity' (or similar, cant be arsed opening the editor to check) option that each club has programmed. When I was i was managing Celtic in FM08 i got approved for a 60k>75k expansion easily but then when I filled that capacity too I applied for 90k four seasons running, but got rejected by the council every time. I think the maximum expansion capacity for Celtic was the 75k - and in real terms I think that is right, the current Parkhead site is brownfield and car park on 3 sides but a cemetery on the other, so expanding beyond a 75k bowl (replacing the south stand with a matching version of the other current stands) on the same site would be unlikely. Thats maybe the case with your club too.

Archived