I can't win away from home!

I have gone through this with AC Milan, Notts County, and BSP teams. I just can't get a run of decent results away from home. My home form is always good, but away I struggle and concede way to much.

When I am away I usually put in a lineup that includes more defensive minded players, play defensive tactics, keep my fullbacks back and seldom let them move forward, but I still concede.

I don't get badly outplayed, but I lose by 1-2 goals more often than not.

What is other's strategy to get some away results? Give me some advice please!

Well for lower league teams make sure your you don't have players on the attack, and keep your defensive line back. Don't allow creativity and try to keep the tempo slow. I like to have the defenders set on direct passing to get the strikers the ball quicker. I have mids and strikers doing short passing to keep the ball up in the final third.

You might want to think about long shots for all of your players to get as many opprotunities as possible.

Again for lower league teams, don't do anything fancier than a 4-4-2 as it is too complex for them:p Always make sure you take into account if you think you can beat this team before you do your tactics.

Overall, when you are home, go for the win, be more attacking.

Depending on the team away, go for the draw (or win), be more defensive.

I personally don't change formations in game with lower league squads unless it is a frendly.

Good luck!:D

Archived