International Managing - So little friendly matches, why?

I don't get it, why can you make so little friendly matches? I'm in November, and i'm viewing 2010 and I can only make 5 matches that whole year!

seems unrealistic as Poland has already booked a good 12 or so friendlies for this year.

Unless I am missing something?

In real life yes, but I see no reason why this wouldn't be replicated in the game.

I think the current system isn't good, it should allow me to make friendlies whenever I want at any date I want. If it interferes with another nations matches or player availability, then you should make it so that the other nation refuses the friendly.

Also there is no qualifiers from Novermber to June, this time all teams should be booking tons and tons of friendlies as preparation for the WC.

edit: I'm coachign Poland btw

I may be wrong, but I think there is a set international friendly schedule during the normal season. I don't think international teams can just set up friendlies when they want.

Yeah, spot on dafuge. A couple of years ago FIFA agreed with the G12 clubs to limit all international matches to a set calendar, both competitive and friendlies. The times available are (roughly off the top of my head):

First week of August, (2 dates, weds/ sat)

Middle of September, (2 dates, weds/ sat)

Middle of October, (2 dates, weds/ sat)

Middle of November, (2 dates, weds/ sat)

End of February, (1 date, weds)

End of March, (1 date, weds)

Start of June, (2 dates, weds/ sat for the years when there's no major finals or for teams not qualified for the finals)

I might be missing one or two, as I said that's off the top of my head.

Yeah, spot on dafuge. A couple of years ago FIFA agreed with the G12 clubs to limit all international matches to a set calendar, both competitive and friendlies. The times available are (roughly off the top of my head):

Start of June, (2 dates, weds/ sat for the years when there's no major finals or for teams not qualified for the finals)

Well that's way more than 5 games a year. :p

Plus what about cups? Poland played some cup in Thailand two weeks ago and played 3 matches against Denmark, Thailand and Singapore. I don't see that possible in FM.

This is going to be a boring two years for Poland then. While other nations have the WC and EURO qualification, Poland is stuck with playing 5 games a year while in real life we are going to be playing around 15 games a year.

Well you are definitely missing three rather big ones. Before every international tournament (that we qualify for), England play three friendly games to choose and prepare the squad. It is the biggest annoyance for me in international football in FM, that it isn't in there.

I honestly can't believe I have wanted it in for about ten years, and yet SI STILL haven't included it.

Archived