FM speed question!

Hi

I have a HP Pavillion laptop. Spec:

Processor - 1.6 dual core

Ram - 4gb

Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (up to 2gb onboard)

All i get on computer performance and game speed is half a star on each. Surely with the dual core processor and 4gb ram i should be able to get more?

Windows rates the laptop at 3.5.

Is there any way i can improve this? Could it be wrong?

Cheers

Hi

I have a HP Pavillion laptop. Spec:

Processor - 1.6 dual core

Ram - 4gb

Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (up to 2gb onboard)

All i get on computer performance and game speed is half a star on each. Surely with the dual core processor and 4gb ram i should be able to get more?

Windows rates the laptop at 3.5.

Is there any way i can improve this? Could it be wrong?

Cheers

I dont really pay any attention to that at all, my pc performance is rated pretty low but i'm more than happy with the speed of the game (my only problem is finding time to play it at the minute)

I get half stars on speed and performance with 7-9 country's and at least 2 leagues in each but still the game runs faster than it ever had before.

I have heard that those two little stars mean in reality sod all but as to the benefits of having them all lit up, who knows. The less leagues/countries you have the less choice of players you'll get.

The ratings are wrong sometimes but your laptop is pretty much the slowest dual core laptop you can find. (with the exception of the atom based ones). My advice is ignore the ratings and experiment with the number of the leagues & players loaded. If its too slow try again with less leagues until you find a setup that you are comfortable with. You will waste one hour but its better than starting a game and halfway through the season realizing its too painful to play.

You could always buy a better computer ;). That should help.

This is a new laptop :(

Money is extremely tight at the moment and when my laptop broke i had to get another. This is a £530-£550 laptop that i got for £330 brand new. So i can't complain really! I only use it for internet, word processing and FM.

Played FM for a couple of months now on a medium database with just the english league loaded (normal for me) and it works well enough!

Archived