Board Selling a Player at 1/2 Value

This has to be a bug.. I have a hot prospect 19 CB and he's playing for the first team. the board accepted offers for him, (which is fine, that’s very IRL) but for only a couple of thousand more than he’s worth....

They should take into consideration that were in first place... and this kids a big part of that.

Or that if they waited till he developed they could get 3 or 4 times what they sold him for!

BUG??

I'm Bournemouth and leading the coke league 1 by 15 points. Were almost a lock to win and get to championship. It's my third year and we'll have been promoted twice.

Our balance is (now after the player sold) 1.8 million in the black... When I took over they were a little over a million in the red and have completely turned this team around...

I think it’s a bug cause it shows not forward thinking on the boards...

I'm Bournemouth and leading the coke league 1 by 15 points. Were almost a lock to win and get to championship. It's my third year and we'll have been promoted twice.

Our balance is (now after the player sold) 1.8 million in the black... When I took over they were a little over a million in the red and have completely turned this team around...

I think it’s a bug cause it shows not forward thinking on the boards...

There are many football chairman who are not forward thinking so it is just as likely to be this as it is a bug. I don't use FMRTE, but if you do you could check your chairmans ambition and interference ratings. He may just be after the money.

Nah, don't like to use FMRTE if I don't have to.

And to gunners point.. I get that, but the board would sell any player that gets an offer over 500 thousand... any player! I've had a few already go, but they were older and replaceable. And lots of players have not liked the contracts that other teams have offered them after the board sells them.

If the board had their way they'd sell my whole team!

BTW what’s the definition crisis club?

Crisis club in as much as they have been docked points twice in the last 3 seasons IRL due to financial seasons. The fact there even is a AFC Bournemouth this season is bordering on miraculous. They had to sell off their ground (of which they could only afford to build 3 stands of) and had to resort to the signing of old warhorses Steve Fletcher and Jason Tindall - Both of whom are older than real life manager Eddie Howe...

Just out of interest, did you offer the player in question a new contract after the board accepted the offer?

If the player's value is in the higher end for his division then a club like Bournemouth will consider a few thousand over his value to be a good offer. Remember a lot of clubs at that level depend on player sales to keep going from month to month, so they will often think along the lines of "what will keep the wages paid to the next window?" rather than "how can we maximise value on this player?" This is as valid in FM as it is in real life.

If the player's value is in the higher end for his division then a club like Bournemouth will consider a few thousand over his value to be a good offer. Remember a lot of clubs at that level depend on player sales to keep going from month to month, so they will often think along the lines of "what will keep the wages paid to the next window?" rather than "how can we maximise value on this player?" This is as valid in FM as it is in real life.

Ok but but I see a bug in there...

I've made the club profitable.

We signed a jersey deal that was twice (82k to 167k) what it used to be.

Were going to get promoted 2x in 3 years (putting us in the CCC)

If the board just cares about money (which is what everyone is saying) wouldn't they care about all those other things? Sounds like a great way to make more money...

But if they sell my players we'll just end up back in league 2 and i'll look for another job.

No i didn't offer him a contract after the board accepted. Would that have helped?

Can do... the player then has a choice between the 2 contract offers... It has been known for the player to re-sign with his existing club, which then cancels the transfer.

Ok but but I see a bug in there...

I've made the club profitable.

We signed a jersey deal that was twice (82k to 167k) what it used to be.

Were going to get promoted 2x in 3 years (putting us in the CCC)

If the board just cares about money (which is what everyone is saying) wouldn't they care about all those other things? Sounds like a great way to make more money...

But if they sell my players we'll just end up back in league 2 and i'll look for another job.

It's not a bug, it's just what chairmen do. It's pretty realistic, how many League 1 clubs can turn down a £500k offer? Very few apart from a few 'big' clubs.

Archived