FM09 Injuries

Still playing FM09 as i have a save game with Bradford which ive got them into the Champions League. Im using this years updated squads patch and have never in my 8-9 years had major injury problems.

All of a sudden my left sided striker keeps getting injured no matter which player i put there.

The player will get injured then when back from injury i'll play in the reserves untill match fit then bring him back to the first team. The new injury will be a completely different one as well. Its an annoying cycle as whoever i put there gets injured.

Anyone have any experience as to how to combat this?

I have six players who can play up front with only two fit. And its january so i am forced to sign a seventh. We do play a high tempo but its only ever my left sided striker. perhaps i should reduce his closing down?

He might have low natural fitness and be injury prone?

He might have low natural fitness and be injury prone?

Like i said any player i put on the left side is getting injured. Just happened again. Player returned from injury match fit i play him and he's injured again. Reduced closing down in that game.

That particular striker has run with ball and forward runs to often wereas the other striker is set to mixed but this is the first season its ever happened.

Like i said any player i put on the left side is getting injured. Just happened again. Player returned from injury match fit i play him and he's injured again. Reduced closing down in that game.

That particular striker has run with ball and forward runs to often wereas the other striker is set to mixed but this is the first season its ever happened.

Have you changed your tactics recently?

If you're aiming a lot of balls down the left hand side, that striker will have more work to do than his partner. Hence, he'll get tired quicker, and the risk of injury will increase.

Have you changed your tactics recently?

If you're aiming a lot of balls down the left hand side, that striker will have more work to do than his partner. Hence, he'll get tired quicker, and the risk of injury will increase.

I have had the same tactics for two seasons now

Passing is focused down both flanks. As my left sided player has forward runs often and right sided is mixed perhaps these runs are trigging the play to mainly be down the left?

My main striker who has only managed 8 starts just got through 75 minutes. 3-0 up at half time so switch his forward runs to mixed. Will start the next game like this see how it goes

I have had the same tactics for two seasons now

Passing is focused down both flanks. As my left sided player has forward runs often and right sided is mixed perhaps these runs are trigging the play to mainly be down the left?

My main striker who has only managed 8 starts just got through 75 minutes. 3-0 up at half time so switch his forward runs to mixed. Will start the next game like this see how it goes

Is your left striker your target man/playmaker?

That is weird, but I think you might of clocked what the problem is. Have you thought of flipping your tactics. So all your right hand players are doing what your left side players are doing and vice versa?

If the right hand players start getting injured then it could be that.

I seem to remember on 09 that I always seemed to get injuries in the same area, mine was right backs if I recall correctly. Not sure what causes it, maybe to do with how often they have played in that position this season can also cause an issue. The conspiracy theory would be that the game does it to introduce a challenge, but I don't believe that .

As I type this I am having the same problem on FM10, this season, playing the same tactics as last season I currently have 4 players injured who can play in AMC position, all injured for 3 or more weeks. No one else in the squad is injured, my 16 year old regen gets to make his debut against Man City, that should be fun.

Still playing FM09 as i have a save game with Bradford which ive got them into the Champions League. Im using this years updated squads patch and have never in my 8-9 years had major injury problems.

All of a sudden my left sided striker keeps getting injured no matter which player i put there.

The player will get injured then when back from injury i'll play in the reserves untill match fit then bring him back to the first team. The new injury will be a completely different one as well. Its an annoying cycle as whoever i put there gets injured.

Anyone have any experience as to how to combat this?

Peter Thorne irl ring any bells?!

That is weird, but I think you might of clocked what the problem is. Have you thought of flipping your tactics. So all your right hand players are doing what your left side players are doing and vice versa?

If the right hand players start getting injured then it could be that.

I seem to remember on 09 that I always seemed to get injuries in the same area, mine was right backs if I recall correctly. Not sure what causes it, maybe to do with how often they have played in that position this season can also cause an issue. The conspiracy theory would be that the game does it to introduce a challenge, but I don't believe that .

As I type this I am having the same problem on FM10, this season, playing the same tactics as last season I currently have 4 players injured who can play in AMC position, all injured for 3 or more weeks. No one else in the squad is injured, my 16 year old regen gets to make his debut against Man City, that should be fun.

Hmmm conspiracy maybe. lol

Another injury. here is a list of players and there injuries from playing in this position:

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww242/garyhounsome1/DiegoSuarez.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww242/garyhounsome1/DLeTallec.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww242/garyhounsome1/HenriSaivet.jpg

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww242/garyhounsome1/PavelKalinin.jpg

Injuries in red happened whilst playing on the left up front.

I'll switch the strikers around so that the right sided striker has the left sided options and vise versa and see what happens.

Have you tried all the suggestions?

i've taken off forward runs/run with ball, closing down notched down the attacking bar a few notches, changed tackling from normal to easy. Also tried all of these together. Trouble is this tactic gets me alot of goals so changing it too much could damage the way its been working.

The particular position isnt assigned as a target man or playmaker.

Just cannot think of anything else?

i've taken off forward runs/run with ball, closing down notched down the attacking bar a few notches, changed tackling from normal to easy. Also tried all of these together. Trouble is this tactic gets me alot of goals so changing it too much could damage the way its been working.

Have you got ball distibution set to 'run onto'? That could mean he's doing lot of running?

Tbh I'm rather clutching at straws here. I don't know what could be wrong either. :(

Are you religious? Might be worth a prayer to the big man in the sky.

That does seem a lot of injuries in total, I have looked at my strike forces and although I am only in DEC 2013, I seem to have an average of 3 or 4 injuries since 2009. My most is 6.

EDIT: this is fm10 as well, so I am not sure how much it is relevant.

EDIT: My defenders on the other hand are up to about 9 plus already.

How heavy is your training, they are not going into the matches with less than a 100% condition?

Have you got ball distibution set to 'run onto'? That could mean he's doing lot of running?

Tbh I'm rather clutching at straws here. I don't know what could be wrong either. :(

I had that position assigned to forward runs the right side is mixed runs so he is generally doing more running.

The only way to set distribution to run onto is for a target man which isnt active.

I've changed the left striker back to the same instructions as my striker to see what happens as perhaps that last injury was just a coincidence.

Got through a champions league away games unscathed but lost 1-0 after dominating so im hoping these changes are not going to affect my scoring chances.

Although i guess it's either that or lots of annoying injuries!

Archived