Best Nationality Conversion

In my game, I was Portugal manager. This regen Brazilian defensive mid Elson had dual nationality and could be called up by me. Anyway, thought he had a lot of potential, so I played him in a senior cap, and hence he was claimed for my nation, and not Brazil. Turned out to be a win over 100 caps for Portugal - one of the great players.

Anyway, just wondering, who is the best player you've got to play for your country that was originally from another country?

I cant remeber his name, was something like Claudio Veron or something daft like that was a regen born in Argentina but made 20+ apperances for me as England manager scoring in every game and a hattrick in the world cup final.

I think he retired after making 50 odd apperances.

As Holland manager, I spoted a decent Brazilian winger who'd gained Dutch citizenship and hadnt played for his country.

I can't remember his name, but he was about 27.

He'd been playing in Holland for eight years, and still only learnt basic Dutch.

He looked good, but not great. But I needed wingers.

I called him up to Holland, but he got injured before the match and had to be removed.

Then he left holland asnd signed for Verona in Serie A.

After recovering from his injury, I called him up again.

Again, he got injured before the match and was removed.

For the next friendly after his injury, I tried to call him up again, but couldn't.

Confused, I discovered he'd already been called up by Brazil. Stealing their own player from under my nose.

Luckilly he got injured before the match and didn't play for them.

The next time of asking, I finally managed to get him in the side and onto the field.

Having played his first match, his status changed to Dutch with Brazilian second nationality, and immediately learnt fluent Dutch (without losing his knowledge of basic Dutch, he spoke Double Dutch!).

He went on to play about four games for Holland due to being constantly injured, and after I was sacked was droopped by the new boss and never played international football again.

Not a resounding success story, but he's the only player I've ever got to switch nationality.

W

it was on a modified db in which there was a team from the Solomon Islands, i was the national manager and a Brazilian had played for the club for the required years so i called him up at 22 to play for the national team.

He went on to play in over 150 games for the nation and scored over 200 goals, he was a living legend, retired at late thirties to become my AssMan for the nation.

Such a pity i lost that game.

Originally posted by medo24:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

(without losing his knowledge of basic Dutch, he spoke Double Dutch!).

Quality icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I once started a game in the MLS with a Brazilian/English manager. A couple months in I could speak Portuguese, English, and English(basic). I guess British English and American English are that different.

Archived