Fred - Work Permit problem; Need help please

I'm playing with Celtic Glasgow ATM bought Fred in October, there were no problems when I bought him. Now in January he came and he has no work permit :mad:

I'm really angry. Why was it possible to buy him then anyway?

Normally you can't buy a player which doesn't get a work permit.

Spent 7.5 million Euro on him.

What can I do now?

You should have a European feeder in your affiliated clubs or otherwise I don't think its possible to sign players who wouldn't qualify for a work permit.

You would need to send Fred on loan to the European feeder in your affiliated club list, then he will become a citizen of that country meaning he will gain a EU nationality.

Thanks for the fast answer.

If thats the only possibility to get one then I think I'm going to try to sell him, because he is lready 26 and it's not really worth it to sent him to belgium for 3 years.

That ws really a miserable transfer, never did something as stupid as that on FM and it also cost me a great amount of money ...

I thought about that too, but on the other hand I don't want to cheat.

But then again would this really be cheating?

Yes it would be cheating... try sending him to Belgium then offering him a new contract... more often than not he'll get a work permit then... even if he's only been there for a month.

im leeds united , i have 2 feeder clubs if i sign cristaldo from velez , would it be possible to loan him to luton town or , guisley lol ? or do i need a better one

You need a European one, from a country where they don't use the work permit syste. If he can't get a work permit for Leeds he's not allowed play in England. A Spanish club would be yuor best bet for Latins (2 years + c. 2 months waiting), Belgian or Polish otherwise (3 years + waiting).

If you are first season (or still in L.1) then franky stick with EU passport holders, as the kind of players you will get won't get the work permit normally.

Archived