I haven't scored from a one-on-one.

SI had to fix the moron defenders problem with 10.1, so now with 10.2, some people think there's a superkeeper bug, but there's not such thing, it's just that SI had to reduce the number of sucessful 1 on 1 otherwise the scores would be something like 24-17. There're plenty of threads discussing about that issue, but SI decided to go for the lesser of two evils.

But you can solve that by tweaking your tactics. Yeahh I know what you think but it's truely about your tactics. And this is not a rant, I just had to do the same to see my strikers score again.

Yes, it's about your tactics. It's not a rant, why don't you just accept it? We don’t say that to insult you or something, it’s just that after about 20’000’000 posts about that issue, experience showed that tweaking the tactics solves the so called “1 on 1/Superkeepers” urban legend.

I experienced it myself. I used to play with a 4-4-2 and couldn’t score any, then I went for a 4-1-2-1-2 and all came back to normal. Trust me, nobody tells you you’re bad with your tactics, but some tactics seem to generate a lot of 1 on 1 that are just unrealistic and almost always stopped by the GK.

EDIT: And I was one of those shouting about the "Superkeeper" "bug" before taking a bit of time to read what could cause that and give a chance to a new tactical approach.

So a good striker, one-on-one with a keeper, will have his shot saved because of my settings of, for example, how often to close down? Or how narrow I play?

Still not actually read anything then?

You've posted this thread for 1 of 2 reasons, either:

1) You're annoyed and have no one at home to spout of at, so you're whining here. OR

2) You'd like some help.

If its 1) then I suggest you join in with one of the other 'superkeeper' threads or buy FIFA manager or CM.

If its 2) I suggest you take the advice given and read the threads. Not just mine, you could download the Tactical Theorems doc from the tactics forum. Search for wwfan or Cleon and read their work.

I shall not offer any further help, I've given you enough to read with all those links.

EDIT:Just seen headhunters post, well said.

Headhunter, stop acting like such a moron.

I have this issue too, but i still manage to do well. I tried using my old tactics in the new patch and it was horrible, lots of one on ones missed, was annoying. I have a new save now which is doing quite well, but my main players still miss many 1 v 1's which is quite frustrating.

I think the problem is you tend to get too many of them, and if you did put most of them away you would probably score too many goals. SI just need to tone down the number of 1v1's you can create and up the % of them taken and we will have a good mix.

It is frustrating, but you just have to try and find a way around it.

It's only you getting heated.

Anyway, I wasn't getting 6/7 a game before, I was getting around 2-4. I personally don't think a one-on-one has much to do with the defence (that's why it's a one-on-one?!).

Anyway what's a 11 year old doing on these forums?

Because with 10.1 there was a serious issue with the defenders behavior and people were creating new threads every 5 seconds about that just to rant SI. So in order to restore a bit of balance in games, SI reduced the amount of succesful 1 on 1, just because if not doing so, we would have rugby scores.

What does that have to do with the number of one on ones? :confused: Surely the thing to do is fix defender behaviour? Creating new problems 'cos you can't solve old ones is counter productive. It's like with corners atm. SI didn't know how to get the goalkeeper to react correctly, so they made corner takers atrocious and worsened movement in the box to keep the scores down!

It's only you getting heated.

Anyway, I wasn't getting 6/7 a game before, I was getting around 2-4. I personally don't think a one-on-one has much to do with the defence (that's why it's a one-on-one?!).

Anyway what's a 11 year old doing on these forums?

Can't listen to reason yet accuse me of being 11?

I'll have you know that I'm 12 and a quarter ;)

EDIT:Just checked my profile and it would appear that my d.o.b. is very wrong. Will be contacting the forum peeps cos it looks like I've been hacked.

Archived