Stupid drop of form when being Champion with games to go!

I'm fed up of this drop of form that always happens in the 5 last FM versions when you get the championship title. I won the EPL with 3 games to go and my players are playing like sh.., losing against teams we crushed 5-0 away. Hopefully I have no European competition because my players would probably have a very low morale because they won the championship.

i dont really see the drop in form, but more that no matter what i do the AI will always keep up, no matter how good i have been in the season. i remember i went a season unbeaten and drew about 10 games. the AI still only finished about 4 points behind me.

i have the same issue and recently trying to get over the championship (well premiership) title with around 8 games to go and 23 points clear or whatever the situation maybe i find that players then rally and say get a point but then lost to teams bottom of the table and relegated with only 1 or 2 wins and this is at home. it is pretty bad

last season i had 5 games to go 12 points clear and only took the title on the last game of season with a 96 minute winner.

Its all about saying the right things in press conferences and team talks to keep them motivated. I also rotate youngsters in and they generally seem keen to prove themselves.

Edle : I assume you are one of those that believes the AI cheats? Its clearly not in SI's interests to do that because it'll stop people buying the game.

Its all about saying the right things in press conferences and team talks to keep them motivated. I also rotate youngsters in and they generally seem keen to prove themselves.

Edle : I assume you are one of those that believes the AI cheats? Its clearly not in SI's interests to do that because it'll stop people buying the game.

What are you talking about? Don't worry about me using the right team talks. With only 2 loses in the EPL with Hayes & Yeading without FMRTE or FM Genie, I think I did pretty well.

You shouldn't assume so much!

i dont really see the drop in form, but more that no matter what i do the AI will always keep up, no matter how good i have been in the season. i remember i went a season unbeaten and drew about 10 games. the AI still only finished about 4 points behind me.

Noticed this too. Especially aggravating is that once you've "vanquished" a team from contention by destroying them 3-0 away and extend the points lead to 5 or 6 points another team gets hot and just won't lose to replace the team as the chaser. I can see this happening, but every year I lose 3-5 games tops and yet don't really get any breathing room until the last month of the season. In FM09 I went undefeated and it took until February for me to get a 5 point lead.

I also hate that meaningless games can effect morale. I played the final CL match of the group stage having secured the group already, so I played some of my kids and back-ups with two starters in. I lose 3-0. Fair enough, but the media immediately said, "The fans are deeply disappointed with the heavy defeat" and that "this leaves the team hanging by a thread of reaching their goal of making the quarter-finals of the CL." Uh...what? I won the group and am well on track to get to the quarters. To make matters worse my two stars that played suddenly lost their confidence. Really? Losing what was essentially a friendly causes players, fans & media to want to jump off a roof? If anything they should've been mad at my back-up CB, who gave away all three goals with 2 penalties and a missed tackle. At least they were happy when I released him that night.

What are you talking about? Don't worry about me using the right team talks. With only 2 loses in the EPL with Hayes & Yeading without FMRTE or FM Genie, I think I did pretty well.

So I try to offer advice and get my head bitten off. There's gratitude for you.

If you're such an illustrious, talented manager then why are you having problems with a drop in form? Surely if you have only lost twice then you shouldn't need to post about this here.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

That situation is something that i've noticed from previous year's FM when i already won the league and have remaining games to play. My players just no longer knows how to play. It's something to do with SI making complacency too extreme. Where's the pride of the newly crowned champions?

Worst thing, just yesterday, i've got my bsp team steam rolled in 2nd leg of promotion play off because i won the FA Trophy the game before the 2nd leg of play off tie. I've already gave the team talk 'it's not over yet'. Yet the whole team switch off. Hello team... Your team's promotion is still in stake and you dont even have one bit of interest? Even from the moment the team goes one goal down, none have the slightest motivation. One word: UNREALISTIC!

Yes, i've won trebels before because the finals are not back to back games. That next game after winning a championship, the team decides to have a picnic in the middle of the field.

Archived