How can a player with a higher CA have lower key stats than a player a lower CA

Simple question.

Using an editor I can see the CA and PA of my squad, there are several examples within the squad of someone having a higher Current Ability than another player but the player with the lower current ability having better stats?

I cant even begin to understand how that can be right???

This may sound stupid but I'll say it anyway. Lets take a current real life example. Eduardo (Arsenal) vs. Darren Bent (Sunderland). Edurado would be considered by most a better player, most would consider him to have better finishing than Bent, a key stat for a striker. Yet atm Bent would have a higher Current Ability than Eduardo. But yet at any moment Eduardo could start playing well again and would have a higher CA than Bent.

Simple question.

Using an editor I can see the CA and PA of my squad, there are several examples within the squad of someone having a higher Current Ability than another player but the player with the lower current ability having better stats?

I cant even begin to understand how that can be right???

SCIAG picked up on weaker foot ability which a lot of people miss, the better the players weaker foot the more CA it takes up.

I'll also add in positions on the pitch - the more positions a player can play then the more heavily weighted attributes become.

eg Take a DC - Some main attributes include marking, tackling etc. If he can play fullback as well then stamina, crossing etc also become important. Add in a midfield role and other attributes become heavily weighted.

i think players with lower CA can be better then some with higher CA if they have the right stats for the right attributes. I have this regen Simon Godfrey, he never got his CA past 145 but he was awesome, regularly scored 25-38 goals a season and thats just in the league, he scored plenty more in other comps. Also I have another regen called Jacob Hay whose CA is 172 and he is not the goalscorer that Godfrey is.

Archived