Unappreciative bloody people....

Does anyone think that the appreciation levels of the fans/board are spectaularly stingy comparatively to how it would be?

As Atletico Madrid, having just finished 2nd to Barcelona in my FIRST season by 2 points, finishing ahead of arch-rivals Real by some 10 points and getting to the Champions League Semis, my board are somehow still only 'Satisfied' with my performance, while the fans rate me as ok. Surely someone who had come in, done this with the perenially underachieving Atletico and broken up the Spanish 'Big Two' would be held in slightly higher esteem?

Also, as Woking manager, having taken them from the Blue Square South to the Championship in consecutive seasons, I have failed to earn the tag of Favoured Personnel, let alone Icon or even Legend. This despite being universally loved by the fans and board and being a favoured person for nearly every player. I know for a fact as a Woking fan that someone who did this would certainly be higher in the Woking fans esteem (and I would have thought, the medias) than favoured person Colin Lippiatt (a manager with a couple of average conference seasons at the club).

I doubt this would be considered a bug, but why does it take so long to earn the fans/board/medias respect. Whats a man gotta do?

there were a lot of problems last year with the confidence of the board and it seems they havent really polished it this year. i find that i am always lesser thought of than i should be and it always resets at the end ofthe season, so that my past glories arent taken into consideration.

I was 7th with Leeds in my first season after 10 or so games and the fans were already calling for my head. The main problem was that I had two games in hand and was only 2 points off top (tight league). So yeah, I agree the fans and board can be a little harsh.

I really can't remember now if this was FM09 or 10 but,

I joined a club midseason, they were bottom of the league while the expectations were mid-table. I managed to narrowly avoid relegation and relegation playoff, and the board were not satisfied, in fact, media reported I might be losing my job and listed the possible candidates to take over.

Resigned the next day. :)

Edit: and yeah, fans seem to be disappointed with draws at home, no matter who you play.

I agree, my 1st prem season (finished 8th) but everytime in the latter stage of the season (briefly 5th) i didn't beat a big side the fans were disappointed.

I mean, I understand fans can be fickle, and their expectations may differ from us as managers. But in the examples I used, as a fan of football I know in real life people who had achieved those things would be MUCH more appreciated.

I mean, I understand fans can be fickle, and their expectations may differ from us as managers. But in the examples I used, as a fan of football I know in real life people who had achieved those things would be MUCH more appreciated.

Btw, by 'us as managers', I meant within the game. Not in the sounding like a t*** sense....

Archived