Work permit not granted??

Apologies if its listed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere, but is there a way round buying a player if hes not granted a work permit. Also what would determine whether a player is granted a permit or refused. Typical example tried to buy Ridley's highly recommended player, Ze Eduardo, when managing Huddersfield, but work permit refused. Thanks

Thanks for the feedback.............Was wondering if it depended on what league you are in. Currently in league 1 and tried to sign Ze Eduardo and Gomis as per Ridleys recommendation but not granted work permit? Has anybody signed these players whilst managing at a lower level i.e bsp etc............or at a higher level premier league etc???.................maybe depends on how many games they would be expected to play in

I have signed Ze Roberto when i was manager of Montpellier HSC in french league, i also signed nearly every young Brazilian and Argentinian kid that was cheap and not a single problem with work permits. But i dont know the rules in football regarding work permits but cant see why i can get a permit in France but not England?

My guess is you need to be in a lower league then, based on the % of games he would be expected to play. i.e in the lower leagues you would play him more than with a prem side for example, but would appreciate some clarity. The only way I suppose is to start a new game in the bsp and see if I can sign him???.............unless somebody can confirm either way

My guess is you need to be in a lower league then, based on the % of games he would be expected to play. i.e in the lower leagues you would play him more than with a prem side for example, but would appreciate some clarity. The only way I suppose is to start a new game in the bsp and see if I can sign him???.............unless somebody can confirm either way

Can't sign him with Chester so it must be the better the team the more chance of getting a work permit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It's only in England those rules apply, none of the other nations have that issue anymore, there was a time when it was similar in the rest of EU, however, only England remains the crazy kid in the club, /everyone nods. :p

I do not know why though, it's a riddle of conspiracy against UK, and I'm all up for it. hehe

Archived