FM 2010 crahes my computer during a game

I got the game for Christmas and I am playing it using the disc. Each time I play it it crashes during the games. It sometimes lasts 3 games or 4 games and then crashes. Does anyone else have this problem and if so are there any solutions?

Can you tell us a bit more about your PC - are you above the minimum spec? Have you read the FAQ at the top of the forum and gone through the driver updates, the Java update and the DirectX update? How many leagues are you running?

Sorry for the barrage of questions - just want to see what you have and haven't done.

I found this information on my PC realting to devices. Would appreciate some advice about what updats, if any, to get.

DISPLAY DEVICE- mOBILE INTEL® 4 SERIES EXPRESS CHIP FAMILY

APPROX MEMORY-781MB

CURRENT DISPLAY MODE-1024X768

DRIVERS-

MAIN DRIVER-igdumdx32.dll,ugd10umd32.dll

VERSION-7.15.0010.1576(english)

WHQLlogo'd-yes

DDI Version-10

I hope this infor can help you.

I CAN HELP - i am guessing your using a laptop, but a desktop could have a similar problem.

I had and still have the same problem. However, i have managed to seriously reduce the amount of times it does it...

For me, and probably for you, it is to do with the pc overheating, and as a safety measure will shut itself down to prevent anymore output.

Now there is a few reasons for ovberheating, 1 being your making your pc sprint a marathon whihc in reality would cause your pc to "faint/die". and the other reason might be your fan is blocked up with current dust, which needs cleaning, but i cant be bothered to do it, so here is what i do to reduce the problems.

Ok, step one, you need to turn of your computer properly, then turn it back on. Don't awaken it from sleep or anything because that means the pc is still heating up.

Step 2, i advise you if it is a laptop leave it on a desk not your lap, your legs are hot, doesnt help it cool down.

And finally step 3, change your laptop settings to power saver, and keep it plugged in.

I save before and after every game just in case, but, i can now play for allday before it crashes late into the night, in which i then go to bed.

Hope this helped

I found this information on my PC realting to devices. Would appreciate some advice about what updats, if any, to get.

DISPLAY DEVICE- mOBILE INTEL® 4 SERIES EXPRESS CHIP FAMILY

APPROX MEMORY-781MB

CURRENT DISPLAY MODE-1024X768

DRIVERS-

MAIN DRIVER-igdumdx32.dll,ugd10umd32.dll

VERSION-7.15.0010.1576(english)

WHQLlogo'd-yes

DDI Version-10

I hope this infor can help you.

I am also only running 3 countries with 12 leagues. I havent done any java or direct x updates etc as yet.

First you should update java and directx as soon as possible. Do you have any other stuff running at the same time as the game? I think you might be running too many leagues for the amount of ram you have so as soon as you've updated java and directx try a new game with just one league to see how you get on.

Archived