Is this game playable? (The forum users good and bad review)

TGD

Do you enjoy fm 2010 this year?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy fm 2010 this year?

• Excellent-the best in the series
    • Good-A good title, not the best but enjoying it
    • OK-Its an alrite game if some issues fixed, would enjoy more
    • Bad-Needs some improvement
    • Awful-Needs a miracle

I want si to read this thread so please post any issue or compliment you have for this game. We need 1 thread with what the si game forum users think about this game.

The good

1. Liking the transfer system. Much improved since fm 08 and before.

The Bad

1. Italian cup semi final 2nd leg and whole team is on international duty (AC Milan)

2. Win the league with AC Milan. Following season sacked in November after slow start in league.

3. Poor regens generated

4. Match engine just doesn't flow

The good

1.great highly accurate customizable database

2.promising match engine

3.doesnt require a monster pc

4.great patches

5.great editor

6.Had the same cup problem but it was before the latest patch

The bad

1.Highly addictive

2.Stupid transfers/transfer fees

3.regens getting better imo but some stats are extremely low or high(which i dont care but not looking good)

4.i never had a crash dump in my entire fm history but it seems like most people had

5.Sometimes ME makes me think that AI is cheating,not talking about the supergoalies but some crappy players of theirs plays like ronaldo against me and also too many 90+ goals(it happens a lot irl too but i dont know its happening like a lot)

The good

1.Great and accurate database

2.Improved match engine

3.Editor is better than last year.

4.Highly Addictive

5.Haven't had a crash dump since the 10.2 patch

The Bad

1.Match engine still needs some work

2.AI somehow come back from a 4-0 deficit at half time to win or draw the game.

3.Regens aren't showing a lot of potential.

4.System requirements on the box are different to how the game would run on a system which meets all the requirements.

I voted for the top option.

The good:

- The database is the best out there.

- The match engine makes games real. It really is like watching a match.

- The depth is unreal and matches any game.

- Love the look and feel of the stadiums.

- The SI team are committed and not afraid to take criticism if it is productive. They work damn hard to fix errors.

- Although I don't really use it that much, the editor is a great new feature.

The bad:

- I feel some improvement needs to be made in the number of small bugs that were in the league rules programming this year. SI are ready to accept and fix them but I feel they could be fixed faster than waiting for scheduled patches. My whole gaming experienced was damaged and interrupted by a small bug that affected fixture scheduling in the Scottish leagues. I'm sure SI would agree these sort of things should be perfected by now.

- Can't get the match flow to work. I miss not seeing the world cup matches show each day.

- There is one sound in the matches that has annoyed me for so long. There is a voice that 'cackles' every now and then. It reminds me of Beavis from the classic MTV cartoon. It sort of goes waaaah-na-naa-na-naa-na. It stands out.

- If you are a small club in a large stadium, then your small amount of fans don't always show up. I think they may be too high up the stands. I just played Kilmarnock as Forfar and couldn't see any of my fans in the away end. When I play Queen's Park I can't see any fans. I just assume they must be at the top of the stands.

Yeah, I am clutching at small things for bad. I didn't want to look one-sided.

SI are going firmly in the right direction. I just don't understand how league rules bugs crop up that weren't evident a year before. Maybe a year of polishing league rules is in store. I can understand glitches with the match engine. No other game comes close to FM for that side of things and in something so developed problems will crop up. The game is quality now. I just wish I had more time to spend on it.

Do you mean looking at group stage games and such? If so, you need to add the World Cup to your subscriptions.

I thought that just gave you news on the world cup. In 09 every match day's fixtures showed as my league fixtures would.

I even went as far as going to the match flow screen and changing things this time out. I also have world cup on full detail. If it's as simple as a subscription I'm going to scream. :D

Just checked and I have the world cup subscribed.

Archived