Return to 10.1.1 with steam.

Took me a while to develop a decent tactic and just wanted to stick with it for a while.

Purchased the game thru steam and i forgot to disconnect the net before starting the game. Steam automatically started to download 10.2 and even if i canceled the app, i can t get it to start.

Any ideea on how to revert to 10.1 on steam?

I recently purchased the game via steam, and it automatically downloaded version 10.2, however I would like to play version 10.1, is this possible? I've read that if I download the patch the game will become corrupt, surely if I have purchased the game I should be able to play whatever version I like! Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Reinstall the game but turn off the automatic updating on Steam. You have to go in to Steam and choose the 'delete local content' option on FM. Not sure where the option to turn off updating is. It may be in the FAQs here.

Personally I wouldn't ignore the second patch. The match engine isn't bad, despite what you may read on here, and SI fixed an awful lot of league rules bugs.

Also don't install the downloadable patches on top of Steam.

Reinstall the game but turn off the automatic updating on Steam. You have to go in to Steam and choose the 'delete local content' option on FM. Not sure where the option to turn off updating is. It may be in the FAQs here.

Personally I wouldn't ignore the second patch. The match engine isn't bad, despite what you may read on here, and SI fixed an awful lot of league rules bugs.

Also don't install the downloadable patches on top of Steam.

I did( had to after i downloaded different exe files off the net) but it doesn t give you the option to choose the version.

You cannot revert to previous patch's due to the way steam works - if you have the boxed version and don't want to use patch 10.2, uninstall the game from steam and reinstall it using the offline method and apply whatever patch you want, or reinstall with steam and turn off automatic updates, though in that case you'll be stuck with the original unpatched version.

Also I wouldn't apply a different version of the fm.exe to your game as other files are updated by the patch and you'll more than likely break your game you also run the risk of being banned from steam if they don't like the changes you have made.

Archived