CB is furtherest man forward when defending corner!

This happens over and over for me. Both my CBs are set to "Mark tall player", yet one of them is always marking a man near the half way line making him the furtherest man up the pitch! Im guessing this is because the tallest man in the opposing team is staying back when his team gets a corner but that shouldnt mean that my main CBs run up the pitch to mark a defender when my attacking players defend the corner. It just doesnt make sense!!

When selecting "mark tall player", it should be a given that it would be "mark tall player in penalty area"

Anyone else annoyed by this? Anyone from SI care to explain this?

Same issue here, my CB seems to swap position with my MC playmaker on some corners which led to a goal a few games ago, even though there isn’t any tactical instruction telling them to do so. I was that ashamed, I thought I did some awful tactical mistake but going through the tactical settings nothing looked odd. Bug or a tweak since 10.2 to create some goal chances because of SI’s modification of the goalkeeper and defense behavior.

i was forced to set them all "go back", and usually i put a tall guy defending near and far post, to avoid near post flick ons and goals at the far post..

but what really bbugs me, it's the way the team defends after a corner in our favour. too slow to come back, the players who stayed back, move forward leaving the opposition alone. This last issue is a lot better with the latest patch though.

• 3 weeks later...
PLEASE can someone from SI or someone in the know inform me of a solution to this problem because it is REALLY annoying me. Or at least tell us why it happens and if or when it will be sorted?

Thanks

If the AI leaves a tall player back and you use "Mark Tall Player" instruction they mark them on the halfway line.

You can work around it by just using "Man Mark" instead.

PaulC confirmed in a different thread that he has fixed it for the next patch ie 10.3

If the AI leaves a tall player back and you use "Mark Tall Player" instruction they mark them on the halfway line.

You can work around it by just using "Man Mark" instead.

PaulC confirmed in a different thread that he has fixed it for the next patch ie 10.3

Yep, thats what I thought. Thanks

Archived