Next Patch option

Just thinking that it would be an interesting option if on the next patch if you could have all the leagues updated to 1st Feb 2010 and take over a team from their real life position in the league instead of just being able to start the season again with the updated database. You could see how you performed against say Roberto Mancini or Rafa (if he's still at Liverpool!).

What do you think?

• 1 month later...
I think there is a liscnesing issue to do with this as you have to pay to use the real Premier League fixture list, and SI haven't.

could it not be implemented by adding a simple file though? They dont have image rights for premier league clubs logo's/players or rights for some competition names but its not hard to add it to the game

I think there is a liscnesing issue to do with this as you have to pay to use the real Premier League fixture list, and SI haven't.

This, I would imagine.

On Tony Kempster's old website, he couldn't publish the Premier League and Football League fixtures. He left the following message explaining why:

The Premier and Football leagues asked me to pay them over £9000 to publicise their fixtures on this site. As this site is run on a non-profit basis, I declined to pay and so no fixtures appear.

If that's how much it costs to publish the fixtures on a non-profit, amateur website, then I can't imagine how much it would cost to implement them in a computer game.

Disgusting really. :mad:

Just thinking that it would be an interesting option if on the next patch if you could have all the leagues updated to 1st Feb 2010 and take over a team from their real life position in the league instead of just being able to start the season again with the updated database. You could see how you performed against say Roberto Mancini or Rafa (if he's still at Liverpool!).

What do you think?

That means Maxi Rodriguez who I signed for 25million will go to Liverpool for nothing.

I just got Portsmouth to the top of the league, come the update there are bottom. Won't really work.

I never get this 'real fixtures' clamour? At the end of the day, what is going to happen in the next season? They'll be generated again, so what is the point?

i can kinda see where people come form with the real fixtures thing. If your a big team a lot of the time you get the 4 closest teams to you all in a row. It gets worse when you get them in the cups aswell. I once had 11 games in a row against the top 4.

I know you cant stop which teams you get in the cups but at least with the real league fixtures you could avoid being screwed over with the fixture list

i can kinda see where people come form with the real fixtures thing. If your a big team a lot of the time you get the 4 closest teams to you all in a row. It gets worse when you get them in the cups aswell. I once had 11 games in a row against the top 4.

I know you cant stop which teams you get in the cups but at least with the real league fixtures you could avoid being screwed over with the fixture list

Don't really see your logic. Everyone is going to play the same top 4. The only way you'll suffer by playing them all at once is a small morale drop when you lose.

Yeah maybe, but as I say, after the first season you'll get the same problem anyway.

Don't really see your logic. Everyone is going to play the same top 4. The only way you'll suffer by playing them all at once is a small morale drop when you lose.

i know everybody plays the same top 4. im saying when you start with a top 4 team, say Man Utd, quite often I will get Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City to play all in a row. Then when you take into account that your likely to get these teams in the cups, you end up playing them far too often in a short period of time.

I know it happens but if you had the real fixtures for this season at the start of the game this situation could be avoided.

@ Baker, I know it will happen all over again in season 2 when the fixtures are generated again. It would just be nice to have a season off :D

Archived