10.2 - Editor?

Michael, could you clarify this please - it's a patch-or-not-patch issue for me since I can't bear to screw up a file I spent weeks creating. What kind of changes would make a file unworkable?

I would suggest that if your not having any major issues and you dont want to use the 10.2 database then you dont update. If you want to use the 10.2 update then you'll just have to live with the fact that you'll have to patch and hope that you dont have to restart editing.

I would suggest that if your not having any major issues and you dont want to use the 10.2 database then you dont update. If you want to use the 10.2 update then you'll just have to live with the fact that you'll have to patch and hope that you dont have to restart editing.

I read some time ago that official data updates should either

- Come on .xml format

- Can be used with any database

It really seems so...

Michael, could you clarify this please - it's a patch-or-not-patch issue for me since I can't bear to screw up a file I spent weeks creating. What kind of changes would make a file unworkable?
I read some time ago that official data updates should either

- Come on .xml format

- Can be used with any database

It really seems so...

Yes but as Michael has said above some files might not work so I'd personally not bother updating unless you wnat to re-do these files. Unfortunately though if your using steam you probably wont have any choice as the game will update automatically if you have the auto updates enable which most users of steam would have enabled.

Yes but as Michael has said above some files might not work so I'd personally not bother updating unless you wnat to re-do these files. Unfortunately though if your using steam you probably wont have any choice as the game will update automatically if you have the auto updates enable which most users of steam would have enabled.

In any case, we are still hoping for database editor. This .xml system does not work, editor is very slow and because SIGames uses database editor, it tells that they do not trust .xml editor themselves...

I'm not looking for a rant; I just need to know if my xml file will be okay with the patched editor or not. I'm hoping Michael or someone else at SI will give a definite response.

FWIW there's only one reason I really want to patch - it's so that I can use the thousands of background pictures I've prepared. I've created a 10-tier system with 1008 teams, most being (very) lower league and I have 'stadium' (or boggy field) images ready to incorporate. Apart from that I'm fine with patch 1.0, but the backgrounds issue is vital for me.

Archived