What exactly is "your region" ?

When you do a player search you're supposedly shown players in your region. However players from all over the world can be found. So what does "your region" mean ? Is it connected to your clubs scouting knowledge or is it just players from all over the world that pass a reputation check? Thanks.

Region would be players who have either nationality or citezenship for a country within that region. E.g. UK and Ireland search would only search for British and Irish citezens/

That can't be true. When I filter a search I can find players from all over the world with no affiliation at all with the country in which I manage.

My understanding is "your region" means the extent of your scouting network - so for a lower league club it could be just UK & Ireland, for a top premier league club it is likely to be pretty much worldwide.

I think this is spot on. In my Notts Co save, my scouts can only be sent to UK, Ireland and IIRC France, so these are the only players that come up in a player search. Anyone else I have to scour through clubs in the leagues one by one, or wait for players to be offered. I hoping now I've been promoted to CCL1 This will give me more scope to expand the scouting network.

Archived