Please help me save my game quick reply needed

I pressed ctrl, alt and delete while playing FM08 to surf the net for a bit. Now my PC will not let me get FM08 up again I have clicked on the icon in the task bar but it will not come up/ I used task manager and it does not say that it is not responding. Does this mean I have lost my game, if so I will be extremely annoyed as I was 2nd with my Crewe tema and doubt I can do this again. If only I used auto save every week as I may lose 3 months or so of my game.

Anyone have any ideas?

I pressed ctrl, alt and delete while playing FM08 to surf the net for a bit. Now my PC will not let me get FM08 up again I have clicked on the icon in the task bar but it will not come up/ I used task manager and it does not say that it is not responding. Does this mean I have lost my game, if so I will be extremely annoyed as I was 2nd with my Crewe tema and doubt I can do this again. If only I used auto save every week as I may lose 3 months or so of my game.

Anyone have any ideas?

You probably have already but did you try clicking 'switch to' in task manager? I've had FM disappear completely when overloading the RAM, but it would still appear in task manager and a switch to selection would make it pop back up again.

Sometimes you can save it by highlighting FM08 in the taskbar at the bottom and pressing Ctrl & S. Works depending if you are on a matchday or not, but I dont know, depends what kind of freeze I spose.

Good Luck

Thanks for the answers guys but nothing worked at all, I lost the game but have restarted from the previous save from 3 months ago. It annoys me though as I had Daryl Murphy who had some how scored 32 goals in 24 games but now he only has 13 in 22. Luckily I am in 2nd place like last time. Glad I only lost 3 months of game time and not a season or so. Once again thanks for the suggestions but nothing worked. Guess this will teach me to use the windows button instead lol.

I do not know how to do this on vista on XP i used to right click on the desktop icon and change something and it worked but I cant seem to do this the saem way. I tried it in the preferences part but that didnt work either.

Archived