[FM10] Weah's he going next?...

ToMexico!!

Game Setup: 10.0.1

Leagues Loaded: Algeria, Cameroon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa, DR Congo, England, France and Italy.

Updates found on this website.

I've decided to base my career around George Weah the former Liberian international footballer. He began his career in Liberia before heading to Ivory Coast, then Cameroon. He soon headed to Europe and to France where he spent 4 years at Monaco. High profile moves to PSG and AC Milan followed. He spent a few games on loan to Chelsea before moving to Man City. In 2000 he joined Marsielle, before ending his career in Abu-Dhabi with Al-Jazira scoring 13 goals in 8 games. He scored 22 goals in 60 games for Liberia. (wiki).

I won't be following his career to the book as you can imagine but I have set him up to be his current age and a Continental reputation (International Footballer). Profile

Weah to first?

I have decided to head straight into the deep end with a former club of Weah's, Invincible Eleven. They are a club based in Monrovia, the area which Weah was born. The Yellow Boys are a semi-professional club, with a National reputation. They have a club value of 250k. Facilities wise, they have a 25000 capacity stadium called the Antoinette Tubman Stadium. They have Fairly Basic training and Adequate youth facilities. Surprisingly we have some staff but not very good ones, will look to change that during the season.

We have a mediocre squad which is expected to finish third. Though we do have a couple of gems that could help the cause. In goal Melvin King, the best GK in the league and will definitely become a rock behind our possible leaky defence, and Stanley Parker, one of my double act in the heart of defence. Full Squad.

Finances are well small. £32 awesome. We've got no transfer budget as you could imagine and a nice and tidy £95 p/w to spend on wages.

So, 2009 - Invincible Eleven - National Premiership League - Liberia

Media Prediction: 3rd

Finished: 1st - Champions

Transfers - 2 in and 3 out. The three out were all loans, reserve players all going for first team action. The two in were two of my better players for the season, first in was Perry Kollie, a Liberian striker, he was once of the IE but moved on to Ivorian side ASEC. The other player in was Ghanaian AMC Alhaji Boateng, i'm hoping he will be a key figure for any of our success.

National Premiership League - An amazy first season in charge at the IE. League champions with a game to spare, we weren't the best side in the league, LISCR took those honours. We just happened to have the meanest defence in the league, conceding just 6 goals in 34 games. No doubt Parker and King had something to do with that. Although we did score 50 goals it seemed like we struggled to do so, winning far to many games 1-0 where it could have been 2 or 3 to the good instead.

Knock-Out Cup - A KO format if you hadn't guessed, but over two legs. We beat LPRC, Mighty Barolle, Black Star and Gedi & Sons on the way to the final. Where we lost on penalties to USA FC.

African Champions League - We had already played one game when I took over. A 1-0 win over Madagascan's Ajesaia, we then beat them at home to send us through to the next round. We faced South African side Orlando Pirates, I wasn't expecting much. Though somehow we managed to draw 1-1 at home in front of just over 3000 fans. We traveled thousands of miles for a 2-0 loss, which put us of the competition.

Squad | King | Roberts | Boateng

Finances - we had dramatic improvement early on thanks to the Champions League. But the steady decline came as we lost 25k a month over the course of the season.

Season |Club                     |League            |Finished |Cup           |Continental |Other
2009   |Invincible Eleven        |National Prem     |1st      |Runners Up    |1st Round   |-

> Throughout the season we under a transfer embargo as the fans tried to takeover from the want-away chairman. Well after the takeover hit the rocks and talks continued for the whole season, the fans failed in their bid and thankfully the embargo has been lifted. <

2010 - Invincible Eleven Pre-Season Transfers

Thankfully the transfer embargo was lifted just a week into the new season, so squad strengthening could begin. Defence is not a problem nor is in goal, so attacking players were my priority. Just the 3 players in though due to wages constraints. The board being ruthless with with my limits on spending.

Corporal, ST - Another forward option, will be rotation with Kollie as I've change tactics to a lone striker.

Ponnie, AMC - Switching to two AMCs I needed at least two more in, first of two to join.

Kouadio, AMC - The second AMC to join, and will be first choice to partner Boateng. Signs from Ban Sport in Ivory Coast.

Just the 2 players out during the summer, surplus to requirements Michael Weeks to Adorence for free and David Sillah who joins BYC on loan.

Other

• Season Tickets sales increased by 1 to 49 sold.
  • A consortium plan to buy the Invincible Eleven, consortium includes a former footballer.

Thanks Saxonaitor :thup: looking forward to this save than any I've started in the last two FMs. Just purely because of the nations loaded and the lack of knowledge I have about African football. Hoping this career advances nicely but without going to Europe too early.

Will post any worthy puns for your enjoyment if & when they come along.

Invincible Eleven taken over

After weeks and months of speculation, the IE have finally been taken over. I wasn't happy to see that the new chairman was looking for a possible replacement but did pump 60k into the finances and was looking to improve the training ground facilities.

A week later, I was greeted with the message that Abdelhamid Benyahia would be keeping me on and that the facilities would definitely be upgraded.

2010 - Invincible Eleven - National Premiership League - Liberia

Media Prediction: 1st

Transfers - Small update on the ins and outs of the season. Only one more player followed the three signings in my Summer 2010 Transfer update. Ivory Coast national Abdoulaye Diane came in to strengthen a weakening back line as 2 or 3 injuries took their toll on my thin defence. 4 players out, all on loan to other league clubs.

National Premiership League - Another fantastic season for the IE as we gained a second league title. Goals were not hard to come by this season as we changed tactics to a tried and tested 4-2-1-2-1 formation with no width. This meant that our forward three scored plenty of goals between them, 68 to be precise. Defence was a little more shaky conceding 14 this season, still the leagues lowest but more than double of last seasons total.

Knock-Out Cup - Rubbish. Cups suck ass is what they say. First round exit to Black Star.

African Champions League - Tough first round tie with Sudanese outfit El-Merreikh. A fine 3-3 draw at home was a highlight but was never going to help conceding those away goals. A 3-0 away defeat didn't help either, we were out.

Squad | King | Kollie | Kouadio

Finances - Only one bout of prize money this season, but a 60k board injection helped. Though the facilities were upgraded to adequate at a cost of 45k. I'm hoping more money will be invested in the new season.

Season |Club                     |League            |Finished |Cup           |Continental |Other
2009   |Invincible Eleven        |National Prem     |1st      |Runners Up    |1st Round   |-
2010   |Invincible Eleven        |National Prem     |1st      |1st Round     |Prelim Rnd  |Board Takeover

I have used African Updates from this website. Some users from this forum have also posted their updates onto that site and a list was compiled. Have updated the opening post.

Nice one. I like the idea of managing in the African leagues, but SI's scope is quite limited there.

Nice one. I like the idea of managing in the African leagues, but SI's scope is quite limited there.

Yeh, it would be pretty decent if the major leagues of Africa were added, like Egypt, Nigeria, Cameroon, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia maybe a couple of others. But obviously getting the info is the issue.

2011 - Invincible Eleven Pre-Season Transfers

Defence was the priority this time round as we needed to bring in some decent back-up or find a gem or two to slot in as first choice. The best thing about the Liberian league so far is that there are no player restrictions so buying foreign is a big help as most Liberian players willing to join do not cut the mustard.

I had a real surprise at the beginning of the season as we had our first decent youth product, Isaac Wesseh, slots straight into the first team at RB. He was joined in defence by Ghanaian DLC Mohammed Banahene and Abubakari Owusu who is also a DLC.

They were joined by Richard Kuffour who signed from Norchip for £0, he will slot straight in at MC.

10 players leave on free transfers and two join fellow league clubs on loan.

2011 - Invincible Eleven - National Premiership League - Liberia

Media Prediction: 1st

Transfers - No more signings beyond this update, the only player I didn't mention was our new back up GK, Soro, who played twice all season.

National Premiership League - Another season, another title. Three in a row now for the IE. We didn't score as many goals this season which was disappointing, however we did stop the rot at the back by conceding the same amount as last year.

Knock-Out Cup - A little better but still no trophy. I want this trophy in my cabinet before I can really move on.

African Champions League - We played in three rounds this time, we beat Madagascar's AS Adema and Angola's Petro Atletico before bowing out to Tunisia's Etoile du Sahel. This stage exit put us into the African Confederation Cup. Entering at the 4th Round, we were drawn with Sudan's Al-Merreikh, the side who put us out of last years ACL. Though we only went out on away goals.

Squad | King | Boateng | Kouadio | Kollie

Youth Watch...

Wesseh YP'10 - My first decent player through the youth team, played at RB nearly all season, scoring a couple of penalties.

Finances - Fantastic improvement thanks to the ACL and Confed. Cup. We topped nearly 350k which was great, but still we lost between 20 to 25k per month. Something which could be addressed by improving attendances somehow.

2010   |Invincible Eleven        |National Prem     |1st      |1st Round     |Prelim Rnd  |Board Takeover
2011   |Invincible Eleven        |National Prem     |1st      |3rd Round     |ACC R4      |ACL R3 exit

I like your concept of following George Weah's career. A very nice league season again, is it just the Cup that's keeping you from moving on or are you hoping to win the ACL or ACC too before leaving?

Just the cup really, I can't see this club winning the ACL or ACC. We don't have enough money at this point to turn professional and enhance our reputation to appeal to the real quality players. Finalists in my first season, then done crap ever since. Hoping this is the season.

I will be following Weah's career to the book, by going to the same clubs as him, but have the same countries he played in apart from UAE. Even with the Continental reputation and these consecutive league wins i've not had any offers or speculation leading me to another job. I would rather be offered a job in this save than apply for one, fans/owners get unhappy, sack me and then not get the job I applied for. So i'm being patient, If I don't leave this season so be it.

2012 - Invincible Eleven Pre-Season Transfers

Four transfers in this summer. First in was Alikem Segbefia, this Togo international is another attacking player to add to our ranks. Not started the season in great form but has time on his side. Next in was James George, a striker, after Corporal left, when his contract ran out I needed back up again, I noticed that George was on trial with Gedi & Sons, so I stuck a cheeky contract in and he accepted. He is now first choice with 4 in 4 so far.

Defensive mid needed strengthening as that was my weakest area, the best I could find was Barsee Giah. He stats point more towards a attacking mid but we is welcomed at DM with open arms. The last player to join in pre season was another GK, back up to King, a better option than Soro, who dropped down to the reserves.

Still looking to sign a couple of players, a LB and another DM. Not come across anyone good enough as of yet though.

Youth Watch...

I was pleasantly surprised when Kelrie Forko turned up, a second successive decent youth player. Assman reckons he won't improve which is a shame.

Archived