silly things that happen during games sometimes

hi all, this is my first post here. i've read about the defending bugs and all that, but i decided to just bite the bullet and play the game as simple as possible. i also figured that i should be able to do what the computer is doing to me.

but there are some stuff that happens which i have no idea why, maybe its either totally random or something or maybe someone can tell me how to go around solving that problem... but here's my list

1) during kick off, sometimes my strikers just do a kick off and run away from the ball, leaving it at the centre circle for the opponent to take it away.

2) whenever the opponent sends a cross in, my defenders will clear the ball out back to the opponent or it will be a lousy looping header which doesn't seem much of a clearance

3) when i send a cross in, the opponent heads the ball out all the way to their striker and it becomes a counter attack.

4) during the counter attack, the opposite players sprint all the way up but my defenders / midfielders don't seem to have than same enthusiasm to defend.

5) my players receive a ball and keep spinning around it and it gives the opponent so much time to tackle, whereas the opposite players seems to have 20 for their first touch.

6) when a long ball is played, my players seems to be bad at trapping. it bounces so far off them.

7) my player gets injured in the box, the opponent keeps playing for some time. they even have the cheek to pass the ball over the body of the guy lying in the penalty box to score a tap in.

8) i can never get my team to do super passing moves from kick off / goal kicks like the computer and score from it. it usually happens after i score a goal and the computer does it against me.

9) players running into each other, for example : one of the guys has the ball, another guy makes a run and bops the ball of that guy's feet and the ball goes to the opponent

10) balls knocking off the heels / back / back of the head of my players quite often.

i am using nottingham forest, season 2014/15.

my team has :

GK - Kasper Schmeichel

DF - Gibbs, Rafael (or Eboe), Scharner (or Chambers or Lynch), a regen who is "the next sol campbell"

MF - David Mendes Da Silva (or DM Regen who is not bad), Wilshire (or Anderson), McCleary (or Cohen), Aaron Ramsey (or Adam Pepper or Matt Thornhill)

ST - Dalla Valle, Ola Toivonen (or Ananidze)

The team is doing well, just that I wanna reduce the silly things that happen on the list above.

1) during kick off, sometimes my strikers just do a kick off and run away from the ball, leaving it at the centre circle for the opponent to take it away.

Can't say I've noticed this but it does sound like an issue. Try and save and upload the match to the bugs forum? Obviously such things happen (communication breakdowns, miskicks etc) but it still sounds weird. I'd hazard a guess it isn't as bad as it seems though and is more an issue of being tackled and poor/slow graphical representation

2) whenever the opponent sends a cross in, my defenders will clear the ball out back to the opponent or it will be a lousy looping header which doesn't seem much of a clearance
I'm sure this doesn't always happen - the mind will play tricks on you so you only remember the negatives and only focus on when it happens on occasions you're expecting it to. Even if you have players with faultless stats, their performances may not always be so perfect. Perhaps the looping headers are due to poor positioning or being too far up to get behind the ball - and maybe the 2nd ball not being chased up is due to laziness or lack of concentration by a DM or other defensive or support players.
3) when i send a cross in, the opponent heads the ball out all the way to their striker and it becomes a counter attack.
As above. Even with the best strikers, there's no way they'll always get there. If you're being constantly caught on the counter, keep more men back or player deeper.
4) during the counter attack, the opposite players sprint all the way up but my defenders / midfielders don't seem to have than same enthusiasm to defend.
Maybe your players are exhausted or have low concentration or determination (or other mental stats), or maybe they're being caught on the wrong foot and take their time to turn round. If acceleration isn't one of their strengths, the attackers may be long gone by then. Again, try a deeper defensive line perhaps, or reduce closing down.
5) my players receive a ball and keep spinning around it and it gives the opponent so much time to tackle, whereas the opposite players seems to have 20 for their first touch.
Has he got someone to pass to? If there's no one in support, he's likely to lose the ball unless he can find a pass or create something out of nothing. If they have low composure or the PPM 'dwells on ball' or 'holds up play' the issue could be made worse.

6) when a long ball is played, my players seems to be bad at trapping. it bounces so far off them.

Even the best players make mistakes. Even if they have 20 for first touch, technique, concentration etc they won't always control the ball perfectly. Again it's probably a case of only noticing the mistakes.
7) my player gets injured in the box, the opponent keeps playing for some time. they even have the cheek to pass the ball over the body of the guy lying in the penalty box to score a tap in.
Nothing wrong with that. A more sporting or professional opposition player may put the ball out of play, but they have no requirement to unless the ref stops play.
8) i can never get my team to do super passing moves from kick off / goal kicks like the computer and score from it. it usually happens after i score a goal and the computer does it against me.
Maybe your tactics need working on? Even if you're using a very good tactic, if your players aren't fully committed, concentrated and determined, they may switch off at a break in play.
9) players running into each other, for example : one of the guys has the ball, another guy makes a run and bops the ball of that guy's feet and the ball goes to the opponent

10) balls knocking off the heels / back / back of the head of my players quite often.

Usually a case of poor passing, or a lack of composure and poor reading of the game. Don't expect average players to play perfect fluid football, when even the best make mistakes.

Hope this helps. :)

Number 10. Now i see this far too often and i am Liverpool whom has just won the Champions League for the second time with some of the worlds greatest players.

And yet still....i see Stevie G kick the ball at Ashley Youngs back time and time again..secret enemy's? That needs to be worked on.

Number 10. Now i see this far too often and i am Liverpool whom has just won the Champions League for the second time with some of the worlds greatest players.

And yet still....i see Stevie G kick the ball at Ashley Youngs back time and time again..secret enemy's? That needs to be worked on.

Agreed. It's very annoying and impossible to explain.

hi all, this is my first post here. i've read about the defending bugs and all that, but i decided to just bite the bullet and play the game as simple as possible. i also figured that i should be able to do what the computer is doing to me.

but there are some stuff that happens which i have no idea why, maybe its either totally random or something or maybe someone can tell me how to go around solving that problem... but here's my list

i am using nottingham forest, season 2014/15.

my team has :

GK - Kasper Schmeichel

DF - Gibbs, Rafael (or Eboe), Scharner (or Chambers or Lynch), a regen who is "the next sol campbell"

MF - David Mendes Da Silva (or DM Regen who is not bad), Wilshire (or Anderson), McCleary (or Cohen), Aaron Ramsey (or Adam Pepper or Matt Thornhill)

ST - Dalla Valle, Ola Toivonen (or Ananidze)

The team is doing well, just that I wanna reduce the silly things that happen on the list above.

pretty much agree with most of this especially number 10!!! This happens way too often & has to be the single most annoying thing in the game!!!!

My main striker getting through one goal, one-on-one, time after time and kicking it straight at him THEN announcing that my suggestion of placing shots in the corner of the goal would not be a benefit to his game.

If he keeps this up, he's going one-on-one with Purple Aki.

• Administrators

As always with issues like these, if you have examples we're always interested in taking a look. Saying that, the majority of these issues are known by our team and are currently under review. Thanks.

Archived