Sudenly, the game went crazy

tak

I am often reading about the broken defence in these forums but I hadn't experienced it up to yesterday. I played a save for a many seasons and everything was fine. Then I started a new one and the first year was again fine.

Suddenly, going into the next season everything went completely mad. I haven't changed much during the summer, bought a couple of youth and sold a couple of players. Normal stuff. Tactics stayed unchanged, same captains, nothing major really.

As soon as the new season started I knew there was something wrong. In every game, and I mean every game, I concede one in the first ten minutes. Also in every game a penalty is given against me. Also, IN EVERY SINGLE GAME, I hit the post at least once.

It is like there was a desicion somewhere to destroy my game. Of course I am not one of those managers that sit and cry. I am fighting back. I changed my strikers positioning to 29 with FMRTE and I am scoring goals. But the games are still tight because I am conceding like crazy.

The save is ruined though and I probably have to start a new one. It's a pitty. I hope you don't get to experience something similar.

I am often reading about the broken defence in these forums but I hadn't experienced it up to yesterday. I played a save for a many seasons and everything was fine. Then I started a new one and the first year was again fine.

Suddenly, going into the next season everything went completely mad. I haven't changed much during the summer, bought a couple of youth and sold a couple of players. Normal stuff. Tactics stayed unchanged, same captains, nothing major really.

As soon as the new season started I knew there was something wrong. In every game, and I mean every game, I concede one in the first ten minutes. Also in every game a penalty is given against me. Also, IN EVERY SINGLE GAME, I hit the post at least once.

It is like there was a desicion somewhere to destroy my game. Of course I am not one of those managers that sit and cry. I am fighting back. I changed my strikers positioning to 29 with FMRTE and I am scoring goals. But the games are still tight because I am conceding like crazy.

The save is ruined though and I probably have to start a new one. It's a pitty. I hope you don't get to experience something similar.

Wow that sounds like a terrible run of luck. Good attitude though - fight to turn it around and you will reap the rewards!

lads maybe you didn't read the entire post. let me repeat: without changing anything from one season to the next, I give away one penalty in every game. why does the game cheat? there's no problem anyway. today it has calmed down after the slap in the face I gave it and I removed the 29 positional fix

Tak using FMTRE is not fighting back, and the game isnt cheating you, its just ur getting ur tactics wrong, just change things about try dropping some players and ull eventually get a result, the save isnt ruined, just save urself from relegation or w/e and rebuild for next season

In fmrte if you set the players position to 29 he scores lots of goals. I vener understood those people that think it is logical that all of a sudden you will be continuously conceding penalties. Out of the blue. WTF?

After many years of playing FM, I dont have any solid evidence, but it somehow feels like the game sets the score according to the many variables first, then lets the match go through like a pre determined story. Of course I know the game calculates everything before I watch it, but I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about manipulating the players' performance to fit the pre-calculated score line.

There are just so many cliche type of scoring scenarios happening in my game. And I'm sick of it. It's like I can almost predict what will happen in the game.

eg. if the game is really tight and I'm winning 1-0, there's a really really high chance that no matter what I do the opposite team will score a late goal.

In fmrte if you set the players position to 29 he scores lots of goals. I vener understood those people that think it is logical that all of a sudden you will be continuously conceding penalties. Out of the blue. WTF?

So if he is a striker, you set the striker position to 29?

That's exactly it dking!

Scalamunger, I fully understand that you think it is something that one must attempt to fix by means of adjusting instructions. I disagree completely. The penalty-in-every-game thing is a game anomaly and it will not be fixed by telling them not to dive in tackles. First of all I give away penalties for all amounts of reasons, pulling shirts, handballing, pushing etc. Secondly, it started after the first season without changing anything.

I know some players face those anomalies by tweaking and being patient, they think that it is part of the game to face weird events every now and then without any justification whatsoever. I thnik this is nonsense. If SI wants to simulate real life drops in team form, there are a lot of ways to do it and I welcome the attempt.

However, using the penalty-in-every-game gimmick, or the immediately-conceding gimmick, or the your-attackers-are-going-to-be-aiming-at-the-posts-from-now-on gimmick, is not anywhere real reality and I will not let it happen.

That 29 position trick is handy but i always find that the player you have set it as always takes corners throw ins etc even if you dont set him as it which can be annoying because your players cant react too his super corner or throw haha.

Althou the striker does scores a crazy amount off goals from stupid ranges.

I also have the problem off conceding very early in games 1 or 2 goals normaly maybe because im too attacking in my tactics.

Archived