how do i get the add ons?

Okay - you want logo's and player pictures??

All you need are two files in the 'Skinning Hideout' forum.

The first is in the Metallic logo's thread and the second is the cut out player pics (big 7 page thread).

They will take a while to download (quicker if you download a torrent) but are all you need to have every club, competition logo and player pics of over 50,000 players, staff etc.

I would like to download the badges too. I got a facepack to work, but can't remember how I did it! I have tried the badges but can't get them to work. Do I need to unzip the file? It would be great if someone could post here a step-by-step method of EXACTLY what to do for people with no idea!

Thanks very much ftg87 :)

The above link from tonif costs you money though to download the badges... Has anyone got a link where I can download the Prem badges, or all badges, in one link? I saw one with 8 different downloads, but to me that's too much. I just want one link, that's free..

every link that has been given on this i have had to enter a credit card in order to download it, is there any avalible that are links that people have that are free to download?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1136 for logos

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1193 for logo update

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1040 for face packs

You just need to register for free to download

Thanks very much mate.

Once I have downloaded it, do I need to unzip it or anything? I understand the part about creating new folders and placing them there, etc. But will this then work, or do I need to do anything else?

every link that has been given on this i have had to enter a credit card in order to download it, is there any avalible that are links that people have that are free to download?
Rubbish! I've download the kits, badges and logos for FREE from that site, mate. Was trying to help...

Thanks very much mate.

Once I have downloaded it, do I need to unzip it or anything? I understand the part about creating new folders and placing them there, etc. But will this then work, or do I need to do anything else?

1 - Unzip the file.

2 - Put unzipped folder in Graphics folder (if there isn't one, make one) in My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/

3 - Start Game.

4 - In Preferences, untick "use skin cache" and tick "always reload skin on confirm".

7-Zip is installed using the .exe you download, following the instructions on-screen. To install The Unarchiver simply double click on the .zip file you download from their website then drag the program it extracts (called 'The Unarchiver') into your apps folder.

That to me is foreign! I have downloaded the 7-zip thing. Can anyone please tell me in easy to understand terms what I do now please? I have no idea what is meant by 'The Unarchiver' or where I find my apps folder!

Realised The Unarchiver doesn't appy to me!

So, I have downloaded it, put it in my graphics folder, and it doesn't work. Can someone please tell me where I'm going wrong? I have tried following what radestock told u, but it hasn't worked. What am I missing?

Just download Winrar :) and unzip it through that.

Also, are there any megapacks available? I remember there was one floating around some french forum a year or two back.

The facepack link I posted is for 50,000+ players and the logos for 9,000+ clubs. By the looks of things most of what you could ever want are included

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm trial versions that you do not have to pay for and will unzip everything for you

Thankyou axh14u, you are most helpful. However, when it comes to this kind of thing, I am a ******! Which one should I use?

Latest English WinRAR and RAR beta versions

Software name User interface License Size

WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.91 beta 2 Graphic and command line Trial 1331 KB

WinRAR x64 (64 bit) 3.91 beta 2 Graphic and command line Trial 1490 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Pocket PC Graphic only Free 271 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Linux Command line only Trial 812 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Linux x64 Command line only Trial 848 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for FreeBSD Command line only Trial 800 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Mac OS X Command line only Trial 617 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for MS DOS <info> Command line only Trial 655 KB

Hhhmmm, part of my post was crossed out?! I never swore! Okay, when it comes to these things, I am mentally challenged!

Thankyou axh14u, you are most helpful. However, when it comes to this kind of thing, I am a ******! Which one should I use?

Latest English WinRAR and RAR beta versions

Software name User interface License Size

WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.91 beta 2 Graphic and command line Trial 1331 KB

WinRAR x64 (64 bit) 3.91 beta 2 Graphic and command line Trial 1490 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Pocket PC Graphic only Free 271 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Linux Command line only Trial 812 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Linux x64 Command line only Trial 848 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for FreeBSD Command line only Trial 800 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for Mac OS X Command line only Trial 617 KB

RAR 3.91 beta 1 for MS DOS <info> Command line only Trial 655 KB

Hhhmmm, part of my post was crossed out?! I never swore! Okay, when it comes to these things, I am mentally challenged!

Depends on what OS you are using. But if its windows it is most likely 32 bit so download WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 3.91 beta 2 Graphic and command line Trial 1331 KB

If its the wrong one the installer will tell you and download the 64 bit version. Just run the installer and once installed right click on the files you have downloaded and select extract files.

I have just deleted the whole lot. I am going to have one last crack at it and then give up. I don't see why FM can't just put them in the game in the first place, really annoying for people who don't have a clue!

I downloaded the logo pack you posted mate, going to try that again and hope it works, this time I have Winrar downloaded beforehand, so I'm hoping this may make a difference.

I have just deleted the whole lot. I am going to have one last crack at it and then give up. I don't see why FM can't just put them in the game in the first place, really annoying for people who don't have a clue!

I downloaded the logo pack you posted mate, going to try that again and hope it works, this time I have Winrar downloaded beforehand, so I'm hoping this may make a difference.

Have you downloaded the torrent? If not download bitorrent from http://www.bittorrent.com/

If you have the folder just needs placing in the following location

Windows XP Users

C:\Documents And Settings\[YOUR ACCOUNT NAME]\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\fm-base.co.uk logopack\

Windows Vista & Windows 7 Users

C:\Users\[YOUR ACCOUNT NAME]\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\graphics\fm-base.co.uk logopack

And to load into the game:

Open up FM and go to the preferences screen (SHIFT + P) and browse the the Display & Sound tab. You then need to make sure that 'skin cache' is UNTICKED and that 'reload skin on confirm' is TICKED. Then click confirm

does this mean that i will have to re download it in order to get all of the kits? cos there was the spurs home kit, arsenal home kit, both wolves and Burnley kits and a few more that i cant remember that wasnt working.

Sure I just posted this but it didn't work... Anyway, I have downloaded it via uTorrent, but now my mind has gone blank. How do I get it from uTorrent to my graphics folder? Or how do I locate it on my PC?

Rightclicking on the download on uTorrent doesn't bring up the option...

does this mean that i will have to re download it in order to get all of the kits? cos there was the spurs home kit, arsenal home kit, both wolves and Burnley kits and a few more that i cant remember that wasnt working.

If you downloaded it all then no you need not do anyhing else. There is some issue with those kits. The images are there for them but the game doesn't use them. I downloaded the separate packs and its the same with them. Not sure why really. Might be something wrong with the xml file. I would have to have a look and see if I can see anything wrong. If I find anything I will let you know. Anyone else know the reason?

Sure I just posted this but it didn't work... Anyway, I have downloaded it via uTorrent, but now my mind has gone blank. How do I get it from uTorrent to my graphics folder? Or how do I locate it on my PC?

Rightclicking on the download on uTorrent doesn't bring up the option...

I don't use uTorrent but at a guess have a look in options or preferences to see where your default location is. Or search your computer for the folders "megapack" and "nation specific packs" Copy these into the graphics folder and hey presto you have the club logos

If you downloaded it all then no you need not do anyhing else. There is some issue with those kits. The images are there for them but the game doesn't use them. I downloaded the separate packs and its the same with them. Not sure why really. Might be something wrong with the xml file. I would have to have a look and see if I can see anything wrong. If I find anything I will let you know. Anyone else know the reason?

Had a look at the XML file I have and there is nothing wrong with it and the image is corrrectly named. So I'm not sure why these images don't load but the other ones do. Or why it is so random on which teams it is.

If anyone has solved this I would quite like to know.

axh14u - you sir, are an absolute gent. I have finally got it working thanks to all your advice, thankyou so much to you (and the others who helped me on here), it is greatly appreciated :)

Archived