More interaction with the players

Playing as Spurs and being a couple of seasons into the game it looked like I was gong to lose Bassong on a free because he wasn't really happy with the teams progress (in all fairness actually). I started to massage him with praise, asking him to recommend staff and offering very generous contracts, all to no avail.

January comes and the contract offers starts to come in to him from Bayern Munich, Fiorentina, Sevilla, Olympic Lyon and on and on and I thought that was the end of his days in Spurs. I decide to offer him as much as I'm allowed by the board in a desperate attempt to keep him onboard and much to my delight he signs the extension :thup:

Now to the new interaction I would like:

At this point I would like to be able to tell him or the media that I'm very happy that he decided to extend his contract similar to the praise you can get as a manager from the board, players and the fans when extending your own contract.

/JB

I agree. I think the interaction is an essential to the game and I dont feel enough was done with it.

I think when you list a player for sale, he should be able to request a meeting with you to find out why. Maybe this could give you the options of - I am unable to offer you 1st team football. There are better players in the squad. You are an important part of the team, but we need the money.

Likewise, when players are unhappy, or want a new contract, if they could request a meeting with you and you decide whether to speak to them or not.

You could speak to the captain and get his views on squad harmony etc.

Also, when you sell a player, I'd like to be able to issue a statement - I would like to wish x good luck with his new team and thank him for his time at the club etc.

The interaction gimmick is broken. There are very very few things you can actually do and the whole thing becomes boring after two months. However, it greatly affects performance. So we are faced with a very difficult situation. Frequently we need to say things that will motivate or reprimand or reward etc. players and staff but we just can't. Please developers, either lose the feature or enhance it. Thank you.

Needs a COMPLETE rework to mirror what actually happens in real life and what is useful.

Recommend a scout for the club? I mean, has this interaction EVER happened in the history of football???

I'd much more like to see some interaction that may have a chance of raising morale.

It shouldn't be a guaranteed way to increase morale but a small chance to increase morale.

This is one of the reasons i dislike this version of the game as the media is shocking and so repetetive it should adapt pending the questions you answer and don't answer. Why can't i slate a player i have on loan why can't i explain why i have withdrawn players from international duty. I agree bin it or sort it as at the moment it annoys me that i have to do it all the time as i don't trust my assistant to do a good job of it!!

Archived