Relegation Wage drop clause?

Hi, i am playing with Sheffield Wednesday and got promoted to the premiership and after doing so i was made aware via the news feed of the contracts being increased by 25% due to promotion, i got relegated the next season but have now started the season and none of my players have had their contracts knocked back down by 25%, is this normal as i though it should have happened by now?

On this topic, I hate the promotion wage rise, you're salary rises massively without your team improving at all. This is the reason I always remove the yearly wage rise when I offer contracts (players never seem to care). For all the clubs i've managed it has said I can't remove it because it is a standard club clause or something like that. Is there any way I can get the club to stop doing it?

Cheers

Yes both clauses are inserted in contract, it activated the promotion one when i went up but im into october and the deduction has not been done! so i have players i signed to 10k a week deals now on that even tho they should have lost 25% :(

• 7 months later...

By any chance any one of you have the relegation wage drop not kicking in too?

I got Welling United promoted to the Premier League over a period of years but got relegated to Championship after 1 season. I found out that the relegation wage drop did not kick in like how the promotion wage increase usually is.

Yes both clauses are inserted in contract, it activated the promotion one when i went up but im into october and the deduction has not been done! so i have players i signed to 10k a week deals now on that even tho they should have lost 25% :(
By any chance any one of you have the relegation wage drop not kicking in too?

I got Welling United promoted to the Premier League over a period of years but got relegated to Championship after 1 season. I found out that the relegation wage drop did not kick in like how the promotion wage increase usually is.

Could it be because in both cases the contracts were not signed while in the Premiership, and thus the neccessary relegation didn't kick in (because you weren't relegated lower than the division the contracts were signed in)? If so its a fairly nasty oversight on contracts.

i think there is something wrong in coding. Here is one thing that i notice but im not sure.

The previous year before my team was in premier league, the team started the league cup from the first round like all CH, L1, L2 clubs.

The year my team got to the PL, the team starts League Cup from second round. When i got relegated to CH again, my team still starts League Cup from second round instead of first round.

One more thing, the competition subcription also seems to not pick up i've been relegated to CH since it doesnt come up to recomend me at all.

Maybe a mod could move this thread to bugs forum. Hope this gets fixed for FM11.

Hi Horo, did an english club win a european competition or get into europe through the fair play league?

If there is an increase in the number of teams in Europe and therefore more teams start in the 3rd round, then often a team will receive a bye into the second round of the league cup. This is usually the highest place team based on last season ie one of the relegated teams from the premier league.

• 3 months later...

Archived