Why do i do so badly at fm10?

Ive played with athletico mardid and managed to get my job to precarious by january, same with QPR and now 18th after 7 games with palermo. Ive always signed good players like jovetic for athletico, zaki for QPR and di maria, pepe and van der vaart for palermo. Ive also kept the tactics simple like having mixed passing, playing offside, couter attack, bit of width and attacking mentality. I've played 4321 with atheltico, 442 with QPR and 442 diamond with atheltico.

After poor form all the players start saying the club is underperforming and morale gets poor, so after a bad result i cant praise the players and if im honest and criticise them they get even more unhappy. The exact same thing has happened 3 times now. What am i doing wrong?

Sorry, after that silly post, I will now write something sensible. :)

Are you using the tactics creator? It sounds like you aren't. Perhaps you could try making a simple tactic with mainly defaults using the creator and then move on from there? It might help you to understand the tactical side of the game better.

C.

It's difficult to say exactly what is going wrong.

First things first though, you need to get the morale up a bit.

Some ideas:

1) Praise and criticise some players in the press depending on how well they have been playing.

2) Ask your captain to hold a meeting with the players to discuss their underachievement.

3) Give encouraging team talks.

4) Maybe drop a few players who have very low confidence and select players who have better morale.

5) Try to talk your players up in press conferences.

Other tips:

1) Try to keep things fairly balanced and not to change too much and tweak too much while going through this bad spell.

2) Perhaps try a more rigid approach tactically.

3) Try to be hard to beat first of all and perhaps play a little more defensively than you normally would to see out a result.

4) Check out your team gelling and see if that is having a major impact upon performances.

5) Try to bring some of your more experienced and mentally strong players into the team during this bad spell.

A good read of the T&T document might help you more with strategy planning and setting up your tactics too.

Regards,

C.

If i'm reading it correctly, this is all happening early on in your management of the clubs. I played the demo quite alot and you can only get up to halfway on it, this made me think i was a terrible manager, however once i got the game, i realise that it usually takes at least half a season for things to gel, more at a big time club i find. It may be the players not likeing you or getting used to new tactics, I don't know, but this may be one of the reasons you think your doing so bad. A couple of examples, first season with Stevenage Bourough, I'm expected to win promotion. I finish around 12th and nearly get sacked. 2nd season, win the league. 3rd season, win league 2. 3rd season reach the playoffs of league 1. Other save as Sheff Utd, first half of the season, half the team hate me, job is very insecure, playing fairly poorly. End of season, finish 3rd, win playoff and am in the premiership (and get the ivory coast job :D ). So my advice is just stick with it and try to have some consistency in your tactics.

Archived