favourite version?

Hey guys im wondering whats everyones favourite version of fm? I currently own, 06, 07, and 08 and mostly going to buy 05 tommorow, currently i have a season going on each and im leaning towards 06. I'm wondering which is everyones favourite version and why?

This one.

I couldn't go back, and I don't understand all the CM01 love even though I started playing CM when it came on 5.25" floppy disks and was published by Domark.

I like the 2D engine, without that the game wouldn't be nearly the same.

this one, as much as most people say it's less fun, more buggy and generally harder, i've had more consistant sucess than on previous fm games. i've even tried to impliment fm08 tactics into fm07 (in which the premiership was impssible to win for me in comparason to 08) with no real improvement.

tbh, i'd still be on fm06 if my antivirus didn't mess up the histories. can't remember what i've won icon_frown.gif

although i did reload a long term cm00-01 game last night. massively shallow, but i have many legendary regens on that game.

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

Always the latest ones. The new features aren't all brilliant and often initially buggy, but on balance each version (CM4 excepted) is better than the last and I wouldn't revert back to an earlier one.

Same here. The new features aren't always working or that good, but you miss them when you don't even have them there but not working.

Gotta say I agree that generally the latest version of each game is better than the previous (CM4 excepted), and so they take my place as favourite.

I tried to go back to CM01-02 after CM4 came out and had serious issues, because I liked the look and feel so much more, so going back to a previous version...not likely.

I agree once a new version is out its less satisfying to go back to an old one, but for sheer enjoyment at the time of playing I think my favourites would have to be the late 90s/early 00s games. There is so much extra stuff in the game now, and a lot of it either doesn't have any real impact on your success, or its impact isn't clear. Being a completionist, I always grind through it though, which takes away some of the fun.

Also it might be more realistic now, but thats not always a good thing. I remember when I could get a 1st Division club to the Premiership title in three seasons, but thats impossible now. Simpler times....

I absolutely loved one of the old Champs, can't remember which one. Thing is whilst that's obviously my favourite i could never go back and play it. weird i know but it's all to do with the evolution of the game. Whilst i love snakes and ladders and it will always have a place in my heart, i'm a chess man now, going back to something noticeably more primitive is going to have a detrimental effect on my nostalgia.

Well, I had the most success in FM05, as I imagine a lot of you here have as well. But I think that 07 and 08 have many more features and are thus more realistic and immersive, so those are my favourites overall. I can't really decide between 07 and 08, so I'll pick them both.

Archived