from conference to prem..the journey

started a new save with stevenage and am coasting thru the conference..picked up alot of rench part timers who are really doing the business. Basically I started this thread to hear about your stories and how things became difficult as you gained promotion. I am really hopeful of sucessive promotions or am i being unrealistic?share ur views and stories!

started a new save with stevenage and am coasting thru the conference..picked up alot of rench part timers who are really doing the business. Basically I started this thread to hear about your stories and how things became difficult as you gained promotion. I am really hopeful of sucessive promotions or am i being unrealistic?share ur views and stories!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walshy07:

started a new save with stevenage and am coasting thru the conference..picked up alot of rench part timers who are really doing the business. Basically I started this thread to hear about your stories and how things became difficult as you gained promotion. I am really hopeful of sucessive promotions or am i being unrealistic?share ur views and stories! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What reputation did you start with?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by walshy07:

started a new save with stevenage and am coasting thru the conference..picked up alot of rench part timers who are really doing the business. Basically I started this thread to hear about your stories and how things became difficult as you gained promotion. I am really hopeful of sucessive promotions or am i being unrealistic?share ur views and stories! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What reputation did you start with?

sunday league footballer..wanted to start at the bottom!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good lad icon_smile.gif

On a similar start, I decided to progress to bigger and better clubs when I could, rather than take just one team up through the divisions, as I do find that unrealistic.

Gateshead from previously unplayable to last season finishing 5th in the Premier League (it is now 2020 though).

I think you'll be very fortunate to get back-to-back promotions all the way to the Premier League. I spent 3 seasons in the Blue Square Premier before finally hitting League 2, but I then won back-to-back promotions to the Championship. It took a couple of seasons in the Championship before I managed to make the Premier League.

So it is do-able, but don't expect it to happen overnight unless you're cheating. But it's much more rewarding once you do get there if you've had to struggle a bit to do it.

sunday league footballer..wanted to start at the bottom!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should've started in the BSN/BSS then, that's where the real action's at. icon14.gif

I've played a fair bit of FM coming up the leagues and getting 2 successive promotions is definitely realistic.

Unfortunately unless you already have a club with the resources (e.g. training, ground capacity, large "dormant" fanbase)to support such a rapid rise it's not uncommon to really struggle 3rd and 4th season (for me anyway).

I found at least 2, preferably 3 seasons in a league is enough to give you the squad, fan base and money to at least hold your own 3 leagues above where you should be.

Unless you're thinking of jumping ship at the earliest opportunity, but if you've started as a SLF it'll take a while (a few seasons) before you gain enough rep to impress league clubs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdyTaylor:

Just finished 2nd season with Woking

1st: won conference, Setanta and FA Trophy

2nd: Won league two and LDV vans

My team is icon_cool.gif & will now doubt cruise league one too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what signings have you made?have u started to upgrade stadium etc?

my stadium has yet to be filled, but i beat barnet in the second round of FA earlier, which got me 4,500ish out of 5,000, lickily got non league tiverton in second round and now i have blackburn(prevois season PL champions) at home so i will fill it and hopefully it will be picked for tv, im just bordering 1 million pounds, got promoted and they love me so they give me 100k to spend, onkly thing is noone wants to come, so i sticking with my young ones so hopefully i will stay in L2 then spend big next season.

It's definitely possible to achieve successive promotions to the premiership I've achieved it with Exeter a few times, however the leap from Championship to Premiership is so big staying in Premiership after so many successive promotions can be hard work. I always find it best to have at least 1 if not 2 seasons of consolidation in the Championship.

As for signings in another thread I listed my entire transfer history during my time with Exeter, look here if interested: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/4462050683

There's no need to cheat. I sign young players from Man Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea etc. etc. for nothing then offer them to clubs, but the important thing is to offer them on 24month payments. This allows you to drive up the prices considerably. I use the search engine & customise it to include players listed for transfer, I then offer nothing.

Once they've reached full potential I tend to sell.

There's no need to cheat. I sign young players from Man Utd, Liverpool & Chelsea etc. etc. for nothing then offer them to clubs, but the important thing is to offer them on 24month payments. This allows you to drive up the prices considerably. I use the search engine & customise it to include players listed for transfer, I then offer nothing.

Once they've reached full potential I tend to sell.

thats pretty good going!

what sort of players u been bringn in? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All unattached/expired/expiring contracts. Just look for the attributes and scout large numbers of them. Nobody of note, other than Andrew Cole, who at 37 carried me through the BSN (in 32 league apps, 21 goals and 6 assists).

BSN and BSP were quite easy, but L2 is proving more of a challenge. For the first two, I selected "Promotion" as my goal, but won the leagues. Now, even promotion will be tough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AdyTaylor:

My team is icon_cool.gif & will now doubt cruise league one too </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what signings have you made?have u started to upgrade stadium etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just get Frazier Campbell on loan icon14.gif

Not kidding you in my 2nd season in league two he scored 82 goals in 51 appearances icon_biggrin.gif

I used to play with Doncaster in CM4 and brought them into Premiership after a dozen years of hard work, now I'm so used with English leagues that I'm trying to bring back old European glories on the scene.

There’s nothing better but to revive a great club.

what signings have you made?have u started to upgrade stadium etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just get Frazier Campbell on loan icon14.gif

Not kidding you in my 2nd season in league two he scored 82 goals in 51 appearances icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that on the new patch?

No I'm playing 8.01

Can't be bothered with the new one

My current starting line up in leage one is

GK: Stack

DR: Tate

DC: Hutchinson

DC: Connolly (on loan from Arsenal)

Dl: Billy Jones

DMC: Cox (on loan from Reading)

MR: Davies (on loan from Reading)

ML: Puncheon

FC: Leon Knight

FC: Frazier Campbell (on loan form Utd)

FC: Bowdich

i uploaded france,sweden and norway so i think my best bet is to find sum cheap gems from there. in the conference i already have 5 french players and a venzualan international!!hes quality and only cost me 1k!think wheeling and dealing abroad will be my best bet.

i uploaded france,sweden and norway so i think my best bet is to find sum cheap gems from there. in the conference i already have 5 french players and a venzualan international!!hes quality and only cost me 1k!think wheeling and dealing abroad will be my best bet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, the cheap, foreign, unscouted player route. I used to do that but as I get better at the game I put more restrictions on myself to keep it just on the doable side of difficult.

At the moment I don't sign any player who I haven't scouted and I don't filter by attributes on the player search (attribute masking is on obviously).

Archived