Live discussions with board

Recent managerial shenanigans in real-life football have got me thinking about a possible new feature.

There was speculation as to whether Roberto Mancini would stay at Inter or not. His agent believed that all would be sorted at an upcoming meeting, where Moratti and Mancini would discuss next season's possible transfers. In the end, after 25 minutes of discussion, Mancini was sacked.

This seems to have been similar to how Grant was sacked as Chelsea manager. The manager went in to the meeting not knowing what to expect, and came out without a job.

I think a good feature which would add tension, nervousness and excitement to the game would be an end of season meeting with the board/chief exectuvie/chairman where they make some statements which you could respond to. Depending on your answers, the board could agree to keep you, or sack you. They could say, "We are disappointed you have failed to meet this season's targets. What are you intending to do next season to improve this situation?". To which you would be given various options such as: "more of the same", "buy new players", "bring through youngsters", "spend loads of money". If they're unsatisfied with what you have to say, they would fire you.

THey could ask questions regarding the style of football, possible signings, respond to questions you have, possible pre-season tours etc etc.

Obviously this is a very simple example. I am not suggesting another 'board request' type feature. I mean a question, then answer, then question, then answer type meeting. I think that it's a great end to the season and would be something to look forward to (if you have done well) or not (if you haven't). Obviously chairman's questions and eventual decision would depend on their attributes.

What do people think? Any ideas on how this could be improved if people think it's too general?

i think it is a good idea icon_smile.gif

it would make it realistic and also depending on what you answer i.e bring through more youth players it could change your transfer budget for next year so you sort of need to answer truefully if you think that your team is going no where next season. obviously you would have more chance of spending money if you exceeded expectations or you need that little bit more to take you to the next level

good idea icon_smile.gif

Archived