Maximum amount of Staff

Hi, I'm currently playing as United, However at the start of the game I am giving a maximum amount of coaches of 17 which I can live with, I wouldn't need more than that

Scouts is set at 12 which is where I am upset, I usually like to run with a huge scouting network and the 12 the game gives me isn't enough. Usually, this number increases for me after a season or so, but thusfar the scouting max has remained at 12 2 seasons into the game. Is there no way around this?

You shouldn't be blocked from hiring staff, if you can afford the wages in your wage bill then you should be allowed to hire who you want!

If you have some coaches who have good scouting stats and 'scout' is listed as one of their possible jobs (or hire some), you can then offer them a new contract in another position, regardless of the maximum - it only applies to new staff brought in from outside. I'm not certain many coaches will then take a scouting role, but have done this the other way round, getting more than 17 coaches (Dalglish at Liverpool is an excellent coach, who starts as a scout).

If you have some coaches who have good scouting stats and 'scout' is listed as one of their possible jobs (or hire some), you can then offer them a new contract in another position, regardless of the maximum - it only applies to new staff brought in from outside. I'm not certain many coaches will then take a scouting role, but have done this the other way round, getting more than 17 coaches (Dalglish at Liverpool is an excellent coach, who starts as a scout).

I suppose one way I could do it, is use FMRTE to make a scout wanna be a coach and then hire him as a coach and then resign him as a scout.

I know it's cheating, but it's the only way around it. Really think this is something that needs looked at, your staff numbers should be dependant on your finances and positioning. 12 scouts is very limited, especially if you like to have several different Nationality scouts

It'll increase to 26 in a season or 2 once Man Utd increase their reputation. I know they're already World-Class, but theres still a big range from low World-Class to high World-Class :)

this guy is right. i just started my 5th season and noticed that i can now have 26 scouts. dont know at what point it happened as i didn't keep track. but if you just have a little bit of patiance you'll be ok

this guy is right. i just started my 5th season and noticed that i can now have 26 scouts. dont know at what point it happened as i didn't keep track. but if you just have a little bit of patiance you'll be ok

Interesting...I did use the in game editor just for testing to increase the amount of money my club had, increasing my clubs rep to the max and also maxing my reputation as a manager

It seemed to make no change...Perhaps it is set up so that you have to be at a club for more than a few years to be trusted to exceed staff limits.

From what I have learned from the forums and lots of years of playing the game, the amount of maximum scouts/coaches is based entirely on reputation. Go win some more league titles, you manc bastard, or use FMRTE if you feel that you instantly need more scouts.

See what I did there? :) Im raised to call "the other side" of Liverpool bitter, but yes. I am very bitter atm :p

Archived