Turning Down A bigger Club

Had the chance to manage Chelsea after 3 years at Everton, not winning a anything but qualifying for CL twice, but I turned it down to stay with the team I support. Anyone ever turned down a top job to try and accomplish something with a lower level club. I think I can bring the glory days back to Everton in a couple years time so I'm staying to make the dream happen.

n my game in my second season with Celtic I was knocking back offers from all over the place, but then Man City sacked their manager and I couldn't resist trying for it, my board were livid and I didn't get the job, luckily for me the manager that did get it was managing Bayern Munich at the time and I managed to get that job before I was sacked by the Celtic board.

In a career game on FM09 I went through several clubs, including Celtic, Sparta Prague, Roda JC, etc, trying to find somewhere that suited me. Won a bit but nothing amazing - it's not hard to do the domestic double with Sparta Prague or Celtic. Then I went to Granada 74 in the Spanish 3rd division. Took me about 5-6 seasons to get them to La Liga and in that time I had steadily better offers come my way, continually. After about 7 seasons, clubs just stopped offering me posts, I figure I had turned down too many already and the game must've put me down for the "loyal" stat ;)

Archived