Is is possible to discipline a player without him throwing his toys out of the pram?

Im managing Spurs and its like im managing a bunch of prima donnas.

If i ever discipline a player the toys get thrown out of the pram.

Ledley King just picked up his 2nd red card of the season so i fined him a weeks wages.Now he doesnt see his future at the club and wants to leave.

Even when a player averages 6.5 over the last 5 games and i tell him im disappointed, he decides im being unfair and sulks.

At halftime if Defoe has scored less than 6.5 he wont perform unless i tell him i very happy with him.Give him a kick up the arse and his rating goes below 6.

Oh to be a real manager NOT

Yea - 6.5 is good (well, average)

singling out a player with 6.5 will only upset them. Just because the other players are playing very well, doesnt mean he will compare himself to them.

You are an idiot. Yes you MUST compare him with his teammates. He SHOULD be on par with them, if he isn't, that means he isn't good enough to play on the team.

If the other players are playing well, +/- 7.2, and he is on 6.5, that means he sucks.

The reason i told thought i was ok to tell Defoe he was below par was because at the start of the season he was on fire, yet he seriously has had a big dip in form.

Players are quite happy being praised yet when the form starts slipping the dummy gets spat out

You are an idiot. Yes you MUST compare him with his teammates. He SHOULD be on par with them, if he isn't, that means he isn't good enough to play on the team.

If the other players are playing well, +/- 7.2, and he is on 6.5, that means he sucks.

Mate - get a grip on that anger.

The GAME doesnt compare him to his team mates. The game compares him to a set standard - the GAME sets 6 as 'average' therefore if you tell him hes doing badly by playing AVERAGE he will get upset.

Its a GAME it works within set rules and parameters. Learn them. Then call me an idiot.

EDIT - based on your 'approach' if everyone in your team got a 10 and one player got an 8 - that one player must be playing badly - which is utterly wrong. The game works on a count up/ count down system - do things right, your score goes up, do things wrong, your score goes down. Just because one player didnt do as many things right as others, didnt mean he did anything WRONG.

Mate - get a grip on that anger.

The GAME doesnt compare him to his team mates. The game compares him to a set standard - the GAME sets 6 as 'average' therefore if you tell him hes doing badly by playing AVERAGE he will get upset.

Its a GAME it works within set rules and parameters. Learn them. Then call me an idiot.

Reread what you posted please.

singling out a player with 6.5 will only upset them. Just because the other players are playing very well, doesnt mean he will compare himself to them.

Yes...

Erm - your point being?

Each player will 'look' at his score compared to the standard average - the average is 6. Irrelavent of whether every other player got a 10, if he got a 6.5 he will feel he played above average and by telling him hes not playing well enough will 'confuse' him and he will get upset.

Irrelavent of how things would work in real life- that is how the game works.

do I get an appology now or later?

(EDIT - when I say 'average' I dont mean the average of the teams scores on that day - the average of 0-10 is 5.5/6 - that is where he 'standard average' is)

Im sorry - who is being moronic now. We are on a GAME forum, in the GAME dicussion forum with a person asking about praising or critisising a player over his performance.

Unless Harry Rednap is the one posting the questions WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK I WAS TALKING ABOUT??????

Archived