Windows 7 and FM2010 help

Well I had been playing FM2010 happily on Vista happily, until recently I decided to upgrade to Windows 7.

Now when I reinstalled FM via steam on Windows 7, it came up saying it couldn't start the game due to being unable to start the graphics.

I downloaded some new drivers (Microsoft DirectX SDK) and FM loaded up fine.

Only now it comes up with the message that I am unable to run the 3D match engine - saying my laptop isn't powerful enough. Only thing is, I have quite easily run the match engine on FM2010 already (on vista), and similarly with FM2009.

Can anyone help? All suggestions are appreciated.

Did you completely uninstall Steam and FM and remove all related folders from your PC before reinstalling? I don't necessarily have a solution for you, but it sounds like maybe Windows has gotten confused somewhere along the way, so maybe a clean start would be better. Did Steam patch your reinstalled version, because there was a known DirectX issue that was preventing the game from loading via Steam, but that was supposed to be fixed in the release day patch,

Well I had been playing FM2010 happily on Vista happily, until recently I decided to upgrade to Windows 7.

Now when I reinstalled FM via steam on Windows 7, it came up saying it couldn't start the game due to being unable to start the graphics.

I downloaded some new drivers (Microsoft DirectX SDK) and FM loaded up fine.

Only now it comes up with the message that I am unable to run the 3D match engine - saying my laptop isn't powerful enough. Only thing is, I have quite easily run the match engine on FM2010 already (on vista), and similarly with FM2009.

Can anyone help? All suggestions are appreciated.

Did you do a clean installation of windows or just an upgrade?

It's a brand new machine with Windows 7 already loaded, very high spec, so it should be fine.

Try updating all drivers. Just because its a new machine doesn't mean that it has the very latest drivers.

When you do a clean install with windows 7, the system automatically updates all your drivers for you. i have had problems with the game not responding at times or taking an age to load from steam and its not my internet connection as all websites load fast,I did not have this problem in Vista and my laptop is only 5 weeks old.

Archived