[FM10] Rise Of The Aquile.

Drinky_08

Notes: FM10. 10.0 db. leagues loaded; England, Germany, France, Spain and Italy. Lots of nations loaded.

Palermo

Palermo is an Italian team founded in 1907, in 1986 the team was expelled because of financial problems. However in 1987 the team was back in Serie C2. Palermo don't have a particularly rich history as a football club, they have been crowned champions of serie C2, C1 and B several times and spent alot of its recent history floating between serie C2, C1 and B. The 04-05 campaign was its first in serie A, it hasn't been relegated since and has even qualified for the UEFA cup, reaching the last 16.

Acheivements

• Coppa Italia

• Runners-up (2): 1973–74, 1978–79

• Serie B

• Champions (4): 1931–32, 1947–48, 1967–68, 2003–04
    • Runners-up (1): 1958–59

• Serie C

• Champions (1): 1941–42

• Serie C1

• Champions (3): 1984–85, 1992–93, 2000–01
    • Runners-up (2): 1990–91, 1998–99

• Serie C2

• Champions (1): 1987–88

My aim is to carry on the rise of Palermo and turn them into champions of Italy, Europe and make them one of the biggest clubs in the world.

First team squad 09/10.

Goalkeepers:

Rubinho

Sirigu

Brichetto (loan)

Defenders:

Goian - CB

Kjaer - CB

Bovo - CB

Cassani - WBR/L, MR

Balzaretti - WBL

Morganella - WBR

Midfeilders:

Blasi (loan) - DM, MRC

Migliaccio - DM, MC

Tedesco - DM, MC

Liverani - DM, MC

Slimplicio - DM, AMC

Nocerino - MC

Pastore - AMC

Bertolo - AMRLC

Conti - AMLC

Bresciano - AMRLC

Forwards:

Miccoli - FC

Hernandez - FC

Cavani - ST

Budan - ST

Mchedlidze (loan) - ST

Succi - ST

Promosing Youngsters:

Andrea Adamo - DRC

Corsino - WB/R

Davi - MC

Overview:

A very good squad that can push for the UEFA cup however there are several players that don't tickle my fancy. Morganella, Bresciano, Bertolo and Conti can all leave. I'd like to bring in several players, a young, good goalkeeper, another full-back, a midfeild playmaker and two wingers.

After tweaking the buget i have £20,000,000 to spend on players.

Formation:

Goalkeeper

FB.....DC.....DC......FB

DMC

MC.....MC

WM...................WM

FC

I'm not going to tell you the role's though as I often change them.

Transfers Out:

Bresciano - £7.5m

Conti - £1.5m

Morganella - £1.5m

Bertolo - Loan

Nocerino - Loan

Transfers In:

Begovic GK - £1.5m

Di Maria AMLC - £5m

Van Der Vaart AMC - £8.5m

Afellay AMRLC - £8.75m

Fuchs WB/ML/AML - £5.75m

Carro AMRLC/FC - £100k

Krhin DM, MC - £500k

I'm extremely happy with all my signings. All young players who can improve, Di Maria, Begovic and Afellay will be here for a long time. Fuchs is good back-up to Balzaretti and Van Der Vaart is an awesome playmaker with a terrific long shot.

I felt the players I sold didn't offer the club much, Bresciano is a poor mans VDV, Bertolo to slow for the wings, Morganella doesn't have good enough physicals, Conti not good enough for the level I want us to be at. Nocerino is a jack of all trades master of none I like my player to have very specific stats he has average stats in all area's a season on loan could allow him to develop and become good in a certain area.

Goalkeepers:

Rubinho

Begovic

Sirigu

Brichetto (loan)

Defenders:

Goian - CB

Kjaer - CB

Bovo - CB

Cassani - WBR/L, MR

Balzaretti - WBL

Fuchs WBL/ML/AML

Midfeilders:

Blasi (loan) - DM, MRC

Migliaccio - DM, MC

Tedesco - DM, MC

Liverani - DM, MC

Slimplicio - DM, AMC

Pastore - AMC

Van Der Vaart - AMC

Di Maria - AMLC

Afellay - AMRLC

Forwards:

Miccoli - FC

Hernandez - FC

Cavani - ST

Budan - ST

Mchedlidze (loan) - ST

Succi - ST

Promosing Youngsters:

Andrea Adamo - DRC

Corsino - WB/R

Davi - MC

Krhin - DM, MC

Carro - AMRLC/FC

Key players:

Simon Kjaer

Simon Kjaer, the ball playing Danish CB. Has a huge future at Palermo and will be the first choice CB this season, should improve rapidly.

Van Der Vaart

Van Der Vaart, the dutch playmaker has the ability to take this club to the next level. Bringing him from Real Madrid is a huge coup for this club, he can score and create goals.

Edinson Cavani

Cavani, the young Uruguayan has the world at his feet. He has been in Italy for two seasons now and should have fully adjusted to life here. He is fast, strong with a good head the complete forward. Keeping him will be paramount for us.

Up and Coming players:

Andrea Adamo

Andrea Adamo, the young centre back is very capable and is being tutored by Bovo. Has the ability to become a good ball playing defender and can cover the right back postion. Will be getting played in cup matches.

Javier Pastore

The Argentine Kaka, Javier Pastore. He has alot of potential. Will be a key player for us this year, looking to make darting runs from midfeild to make space for the forwards. Will need him to get on the score sheet.

Abel Hernandez

Tall and pacey Abel Hernandez is a forward with alot of promise. He has the ability to run with the ball at pace and can cause defences alot of problems with his footwork. He is still raw however and needs to be slowly developed.

Well hope you found this an interesting introduction to my Palermo journey on FM10, will update you on season one later. Any feedback on how I can improve is much welcome.

i'm in season 2 now, i'l sum up season one

August- October

Well after a pre-season that saw us win every game I have to say i'm extremely confident that we will do very well this season. The best win would have to be the 3-0 home win against Anderlecht, Edinson Cavani was impressive scoring a hattrick. Our first game of the season was at home against Teranna in the Italian cup, we won 6-0. Javier Pastore was quality and was man of the match after scoring 3 goals. The younger players impressed aswell, Abel Hernandez got on the score sheet while Davi, Carraro, Krhin, Corsino and Adamo all played flawlessly.

Our serie A campaign kicked off away to Lazio with a 0-0 draw. This seemed to be a glimpse of what was in store as we also drew our next two games before being beaten by AC Milan 2-0 and then Internazionale 3-1. To say I was dissapointed was an understatement, Cavani's proformances were particularly dissapointing having failed to score a single goal. Our first 5 games left us with 3 points. 3 draws and 2 losses, it looked as if we were heading for a dismal season.

Our next game was away against Livorno, not a strong side but with our form i was worried. We came from behind twice to win it 3-2. Cavani finaly getting amongst our goals, infact he was the reason we won with two very late goals. But our poor form soon returned with a 2-1 loss to Napoli. Our last game before November was away to Fiorentina a game I wanted to win to get our season back on track, it was tense a 91st minuet goal from Edinson Cavani saving us from a draw.

9 points from 8 games wasn't what I had hoped for but our form was improving and our star player was getting goals, hopefully we could turn it around and improve.

November - January

I let my assman go just before november as we had a disagreement about tactics. I brought in my good friend Ezio Sella.

November saw a huge improvement winning our first 3 games scoring 11 goals and conceding 1. Cavani with a huge improvement scoring 6 goals. But alas this winning streak could not last and we had a blip against a stong Udinese side losing 2-1 after an inspired Di Natale scored the opening goal and assisted for Inlers fearsome drive.

Copa Italia time again and we were drew away to Chievo a team we had beaten 4-0 earlier. I had full faith in my younger players and we won 4-2, Hernandez with two excellent goals. We went on to win 4 more games scoring 10 goals and conceding two. This run of games saw us beat Juventus 2-0 with Hernandez grabbing a goal. Cavani scored 4 goals, Pastore 3 and Hernandez 2 during this excellent run.

During the January transfer window I had to let Fabio Liverani go. The playmaker was getting on abit and had just come back from a major injury and £1.2m was too good to turnn down from him. Liverani left but a promising Italian attacking midfeilder came in. Davide Petrucci from Manchester United. I feel that this was a huge coup for the club as the player only cost us £775k.

The latter half of January was a disaster however. 3 draws and 2 losses in the league saw our us plummet towards the bottom half of the table. We struggled to score and this cost us dear as we didn't concede many goals. This run aslo saw my youthful cup team knocked out the Copa Italia quarter final by Lazio after we lost 2-0.

February - April

We had it all to do now. And we kicked off February with a 5-1 win over Genoa. Pastore and Cavani again coming up with the goods. This was followed by a 3-0 hiding to AC Milan which was disapointing but Pato is head and shoulders better than any player we have. We came through the defeat and had a purple patch of form. Drawing to Inter before having a two game winning streak, with Miccoli impressing with 2 goals.

We kept up this run of form with wins against Napoli, Parma and Chievo before a 2-2 draw against Fiorentina. Simon Kjaer scored 2 while Pastore chipped in with 3 goals. A six game win followed with massive wins against Juventus and Udinese who were are closest rivals to 4th place. Cavani scored 5 out of the 12 goals scored.

The last two games of the season saw a 2-2 draw against Siena before a 3-1 win over Roma on the last day of the season.

Internazionale won serie A by 3 points, Roma followed in second with 83pts and AC Milan on 79pts. We finished in fourth place, something I didn't think was capable of after our hideous start of the season. 18pts clear of our nearest rival Juventus. We notched up a whopping 23 wins scoring 71 goals.

End of season review

It was an excellent first season in management for me, taking Plaermo all the way to Champions League qualificatio for the first time in the clubs history. We have young players who are capable of playing beautiful football, but to compete in the champions league we need experience. I will be looking for a few players to bolster our squad and looking to ship out players who did well this season but I don't think can preform at the top level that we are looking to play at.

Best XI

Begovic

Corsino.....Kjaer.....Bovo.....Balzarreti

Migliaccio

Van Der Vaart......Pastore

Afellay..............................Miccoli

Cavani

Top scorer

Cavani - 25

Most Assists

Affelay - 15

Man of the Match

Pastore - 9

Player of the Year

Cavani

Season 2

Great season last season finishing 4th. Hope to acheive the same again this year, but maybe do better in the Coppa Italia and reach the group stages of the UEFA Champions League.

Players IN

Deco AMC - Free - An inventive playmaker, not alot of natural fitness and stanima anymore so won't play every game. But when he does he could win us points on his own.

Bojinov ST - £2.5m - A strong, bullish forward. Stuggled with injuries of late but had a good season at Parma scoring 20 goals. Still young and could be with is for a long time.

Capoue DM, MC - £13m - A solid defensive player has everything needed to marshall the space between the defence and the midfeild.

Gutierrez AMRLC - £575k - Poached from Boca's squad, this young argentine could become a quality winger, isn't expected of breaking into the first team just yet.

Alarcon GK - £20k - Another player taken from Boca, will become one of the best in the world and very young.

Kuzmanovic DM, MRC - £13.75m - An enthusiasic midfeilder that can break up an attack and then has the ability to launch a break away. Will chip in with goals.

Players OUT

Cani - £675k

Succi - £230k

Simplicio - £13m

Budan - £11.75m

Bertolo - £3m

Guana - £2.5m

Raggi - £4.4m

Mazzotta - £975k

Pittaresi - £630k

Petrucci - £1.3m

Carro - £1m

Migliaccio - £8.75m

Lanzafame - £2m

Van Der Vaart - £10m

Temperino - £600k

Curiale - £1.2m

Squad 10/11

Goalkeepers:

Rubinho

Begovic

Defenders:

Goian - CB

Kjaer - CB

Bovo - CB

Adamo - CB, RB

Corsino - WB/R

Cassani - WBR/L, MR

Balzaretti - WBL

Fuchs WBL/ML/AML

Midfeilders:

Kuzmanovic - DM, MRC

Capoue - DM, MC

Davi - MC

Deco - AMC

Pastore - AMC

Di Maria - AMLC

Afellay - AMRLC

Forwards:

Miccoli - FC

Hernandez - FC

Cavani - ST

Budan - ST

Promosing Youngsters:

Alarcon GK

Gutierrez - AMRLC

Bisceglia - FC

Massaro - ST

Formation:

GK

FB(a).....DC(d).....DC(d)......FB(a)

DMC(d)

MC(s).....MC(a)

WM(a)...................WM(a)

FC(a)

Key Players

Edinson Cavani - ST

35938_news.jpg

The complete forward helped himself to 25 goals last season, we will need him to keep on scoring to improve on what we acheived last year. Big clubs will be sniffing around him but he signed a contract that will keep him here for another 5 years and we won't be letting him go.

Simon Kjaer - CB

simonkjaer_1982893.jpg

Composed classy defender. Great in the air and excellent at bringing the ball out of the defence and starting attacks. Keeps possesion ticking over in our own half.

Javier Pastore - AMC

54986_news.jpg

The wonderkid helped himself to alot of goals last season and he should do the same this year. The most creative player we have in the final third and with Deco here he hsa competion for his place and hopefully this will spur him on.

Preseason

We had an excellent pre-season notching up 5 wins and 2 draws scoring 28 goals and conceding 5. The biggest wins came against Bath, 8-0 and Croydon, 8-1. Our most exciting game came against Espanyol with a 3-2 win. Cavani was top scorer with 8 goals while Bojinov and Hernandez also impressed.

August - October

August was a very good month as we won 3 games and drew 1. This month saw us qualify for the Champions league group stages with a 4-2 aggregate (2-1, 2-1) win over Olympiakos. The goals came from Bojonov, Davi, Hernandez and Cavani. while in the league we drew with Atlanta 1-1 and hammered Bari 3-0, Cavani notching up 2 goals and Bojinov with the thrid.

September is when our form started to dip. 3 losses, 2 wins and a draw. The losses came against Napoli (3-2), Roma (2-0) and Werder Bremen (3-0) a Naldo hattrick resigned us to a devestating loss. We drew to Dinamo Zagreb (2-2) in the Champions league with wins coming against Vicenza (2-0) and Lecce (3-0). Cavani was again top scorer with 4 goals while Pastore grabbed 2. Hernandez and Bojinov grabbed the goals against Napoli.

The indefferant form continued into October with a 4-1 thrashing against AC Milan being the worst defeat of the season. Wins over Ascoli (4-1), Udinese (1-0) and Fiorentina (3-1) making up for the losses against Porto (2-1) and Sampdoria (2-1). Cavani scored 5 goals with several other player chipping in.

November - December

We lost 4 times in November, failing to notch up a single win, a single draw was our best result. Losses came against Porto (1-0), Bologna (1-0), Cagliari (2-1) and Parma (2-0). Our one draw came against Dinamo Zagreb (1-1) in the Champions league, of which we were now out of. Cavani and Afelley notching up our only goals.

December was slightly better with 2 wins a draw and a defeat. We hammered Juventus 4-0 with Cavani notching up 2 goals and a 3-2 win against Lazio in a game were Pastore scored 2. We drew against Werder Bremen (1-1) with a loss to Genoa (2-1). Pastore was top scorer this month with 4 goals.

Interesting fact, i have never failed to win against Juventus so far.

I feel you may have sold too many of your good players van der vaart is streets better than Deco in my opinion. Cavani looks very good though, im currently managing a struggling Udinese team i inherited and had to choose between Zarate and Cavani but, i chose Zarate who is also very good. Can you recommend a good Gk or AMC- DRINKY 08

I feel you may have sold too many of your good players van der vaart is streets better than Deco in my opinion. Cavani looks very good though, im currently managing a struggling Udinese team i inherited and had to choose between Zarate and Cavani but, i chose Zarate who is also very good. Can you recommend a good Gk or AMC- DRINKY 08

I was worried about letting Van Der Vaart go, but I felt it was worth the money as he was back up to Pastore who is amazing for me and Deco is a good enough back up. I've sold players that don't fit into my tactics or looked for younger options than what I have now. But season 2 was quite a struggle so you may have been right.

GK - Villar, Begovic or Lung jr.

AMC - Pastore, Affelley, VDV, Feghouli, Alejandro Dominguez.

I was worried about letting Van Der Vaart go, but I felt it was worth the money as he was back up to Pastore who is amazing for me and Deco is a good enough back up. I've sold players that don't fit into my tactics or looked for younger options than what I have now. But season 2 was quite a struggle so you may have been right.

GK - Villar, Begovic or Lung jr.

AMC - Pastore, Affelley, VDV, Feghouli, Alejandro Dominguez.

Thanks pastore looks a real prospect i have since left Udinese at end of season and now managing the mighty Borussia Dortmund. Im taking this journeyman career game im doing to the extreme with 3 clubs in 3 years. I have always admired afellay and have signed Cavani for Dortmund where i play him alongside Chamakh. Both are hitting form at just the right time.

Players IN

Donati CB - £2.7m

Villar GK - £4.5m

Zapata DRC - £15.75 + p/ex

Jankovic AMRLC - £3.3m

Players OUT

Rubinho GK - £7m

Miccoli FC - £8.25m

Goian DC - p/ex

and some reserve players not worth mentioning.

January-March

The christmas break started off against Inter, which the won with a goal courtesey of Eto'o. We bounced back with a 2-0 win over Catania and a 4-1 win against Lazio in the Italian cup. Pastore claimed half the goals with Cavani notching up two. We then went on to draw against Bari 2-2, Napoli 4-4 before a win against 4-3 Atalanta. Bojinov and Hernandez both scored 3 goals each during that run of results. We came up against AC Milan in the cup drawing 2-2, however we scraped through on a penalty shoot out. Our last game was a 4-1 drubbing of Vicenza, Pastore and Hernandez both scoring 2 a peice.

We carried on the good form into February notching up two 2-0 wins against Juventus and Lecce. In the semi final secind leg a dramatic header from Donati gave us a 1-1 draw against Juventus meaning we went through to the final after a 3-1 aggregate win. Our excellent for continued with wins over Samdoria 3-1, Roma 2-0 and AC Milan 4-1. Abel Hernandez was on fire scoring 5 goals in two games including a hat trick against AC Milan.

March was another excellent month with wins coming against Ascoli 2-1 and Udinese 2-0 before a brief slip up against Fiorentina 2-3 was rectefied with a 4-1 win over Bologna. Hernandez was on fire again with 4 goals while Pastore notched up 3.

March-April

Our late surge of form continued with wins over Cagliari 2-0 and Parma 1-0 before two bitter defeats agaisnt Juventus 1-0 and Lazio 3-1.

April saw us lose 1-0 in the final of the Italian cup. While two 1-0 wins against Genoa and Inter and a draw against Catania saw us finish 4th and qualify the champions league again.

End of season review

Second season in managment looked like it wasn't going to be as succesful as the first however we pulled it together and improved by reaching my first cup final. The squad is young and the players are excellent so we should get better year on year. Cavani is an amazing player and it will be hard to keep him next year, we also lack the financial muscle which could see us maybe having to sell some of our key players to strengthen very weak areas.

Deco was a flop, and selling Miccoli was a mistake, he has gone on to be one of Chelsea's best players.

Best XI

Villar

Corsino.....Kjaer.....Bovo.....Balzarreti

Capoue

Davi......Pastore

Afellay..............................Di Maria

Cavani

Top scorer

Cavani - 25

Most Assists

Pastore - 13

Man of the Match

Cavani - 6

Player of the Year

Cavani

Did you sign the same Jankovic who went from Palermo to Genoa?? :confused:

Yes, he slotted into my system with the wingers cutting in and shooting, and with long shots 18 i thought he would fit in. He did well, but didn't get the goals i thought he would.

I also loved him on FM08, which is the save i fell in love with Palermo.

You must have been unhappy in FM09 then, when he was on loan at Genoa LOL. I had a few years with Genoa in that edition and quite liked Jankovic too.

I've just signed him for Frankfurt; not because I want my wingers cutting in, but because I wanted a solid MR and I know (hopefully!) he'll cut it.

KUTGW with the Sicilians :thup:

• 2 weeks later...

Right i typed a big half a season update and apparently i wasn't logged in so it got deleated :mad: i'm just going to tell you i won the Italian cup and Serie A. Got knocked out of the champions league in the quarter finals. My squad had a massive change up and quite a few signings didn't come off. Have some excellent youngsters coming through.

Season 4 will be as normal.

Archived