Anyone else had this?

So my superstar player wants higher wages and a more successful club and is snapped up for 8.75M by Valencia (I'm Celta in Liga Adelente). I didn't want to let him leave, my chairman decided the offer was too good.

Now in my monthly confidence update I'm getting:

However, your decision to let PLAYER X leave the club is regarded by the fans as an abberation.

lawl it's not my fault? I didn't want it to happen? I didn't say yes... harrrrrr durrrrrrr

THAT IS NOT A BUG!

This happens all the time in football. Chairmen put pressure on a manager to sell a player or even go above there head and sell him.

But... its the manager who carries the can for it. Yes he could go public and say it was the chairman who sold the player, but I hope he gets good money for the story, as he'll be headed for the job centre straight after it.

Look at Hearts in the SPL.

Correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not near my FM at the moment but don't we have a fans spokesperson that gives you feedback on your confidence screen? Maybe they could have ratings or maybe the club/chairman themselves could have a style on how open they are with the fans. IRL it seems some clubs are very public about their transfer dealings wheras others like to release no information about the back office going ons.

Archived