Valid Takeovers?

You can edit the file that controls what makes a takover occur.

Just checked, they are all greyed out so you can't change them.

But would still be good to hear from an official if you can change them and what they do?

That's cause your in a saved game, You can uncheck them in the main menu.

Yeah you can definitely change them, you just have to look before your in a game (before you load a game or start a new game). I just cant imagine what an invalid takeover would be? I wanna start a new game today but want to find out what these options do so i can customise the game to my specs fully!

Brilliant thanks dude. By the way have you seen what you can do in the add_my_chairman file?? Here's the jist of it : ##You can edit this config file to give yourself the chance of becoming chairman of your favourite club.##

I've never tried it because being chairman doesn't appeal to me since the game is called football manager. I believe though that all this will do is give the club a chairman with your name. You as the player wont have any other abilities within the club.

• 4 months later...

IIRC as it it the file prevents teams being taken over where it's not possible in real life (think Real Madrid with presidential elections etc). Unchecking this file removes this restriction so every team in the db could potentially be taken over.

Brilliant thanks dude. By the way have you seen what you can do in the add_my_chairman file?? Here's the jist of it : ##You can edit this config file to give yourself the chance of becoming chairman of your favourite club.##

HOW? please respond...

Someone at SI clearly has too much time on their hands...

this doesnt even make remote sense as its SI's employees job to make the game more enjoyable so my response to you is WTF to much time>? their doing their job

Archived