Increasing the number of coaches?

Is there any way to get my board to allow me to hire more coaches? I'm in league 1 as crew and they will only allow me 4 coaches total which really puts a huge dent in my training ambitions. My training facilities are listed as good (especially for the 1st div).

Sometimes you can just add a couple more, beyond what they state you can have. Otherwise, I don't know if there's a way to hire additional staff. Limited staff is an obstacle in mid- or low-reputation leagues.

I recommend a fitness coach and a goalkeeping coach, no matter what.

Is there any way to get my board to allow me to hire more coaches? I'm in league 1 as crew and they will only allow me 4 coaches total which really puts a huge dent in my training ambitions. My training facilities are listed as good (especially for the 1st div).

You can exploit it by making your assitant manager a coach, then hiring another assitant manager, then making him a coach, etc till you have the amount you want.

Sometimes you can just add a couple more, beyond what they state you can have. Otherwise, I don't know if there's a way to hire additional staff. Limited staff is an obstacle in mid- or low-reputation leagues.

I recommend a fitness coach and a goalkeeping coach, no matter what.

Are these the most important coaches to start with for a lower league club in your experience?

You have to make money!

I had this problem with Wolfsburg in FM09. Even if I sold 3 good players, and made money, they didn't give me the permission. But when the season was over, they made a new "calculation" and I could hire more coaches, like a big club. I think you have to wait to end of the season, or middle. But, you MUST have a good finance, it means, you must have money. Only then, you can get more coaches.

Are these the most important coaches to start with for a lower league club in your experience?

I think so. Your players aren't going to be technically or mentally stellar, so playing direct might be your best bet. That relies a lot on physical ability, so develop that. Plus, a good goalkeeper is worth his wait in gold. That's my thinking.

But playing as a lower league club, just get used to having much fewer staff options. It's simply a fact of FM.

Archived