Sack The Ref...or Viva La Mike Riley!

I may be going mad at this late hour buuuut I recall playing FM, or CM as it was then and having the ability to complain to the FA about the referee (without fear of a £2.2k fine....those dastardly FA types) and one more than once occasion I'm sure the referee was removed (can't remember if it was sacked or suspended) and I was asked for my reaction on it?

Does anyone else remember this?

Would be nice to see some interaction with the referee aside from the Press Conference questions, the ability to interact or slam a referee, perhaps even mind games ie..

'Alex Ferguson says the FA have made a great choice in appointing...

or

'Alex Ferguson questions Steve Bennett's ability to handle the Wembley crowd'

Top idea :thup:

You have two option in terms of saying anything about the officials:

a)Slag 'em off and get fined.

b)Say nothing, but fume inwardly :D

I'd like to see more variation on this. And in terms of every seeing a ref sacked in the game, I have to say nope, never seen it (but would secretly love to).

in cm 01/02 you could complain about a referee, youd either get fined or warned or vica versa for the ref, would like to see it back.

used to be able to request game posponement aswell, no real need for that now but i recall getting one game postponed due to international call ups

I may be going mad at this late hour buuuut I recall playing FM, or CM as it was then and having the ability to complain to the FA about the referee (without fear of a £2.2k fine....those dastardly FA types) and one more than once occasion I'm sure the referee was removed (can't remember if it was sacked or suspended) and I was asked for my reaction on it?

Seriously?! I remember in CM01/02 there being a complain about the referee option in the boardroom but I don't remember a ref ever getting removed or being asked about this, would be a great feature and I'm sure many of us would be delighted when they see the ref in question sacked :D

Seriously?! I remember in CM01/02 there being a complain about the referee option in the boardroom but I don't remember a ref ever getting removed or being asked about this, would be a great feature and I'm sure many of us would be delighted when they see the ref in question sacked :D

I've just loaded a game up but I haven't been able to get anyone sacked but its certainly happened to me before. If you google it there's somesort of bizarre cheat involving November.

I would like to see a tweaked mind games option come in for the referee's as discussed in my OP

The request match abandoned feature was alright but it was far too easy to get a match callled off and have some obscene fixture pile up. The system seems to handle itself ok now

Archived