Booking in first minutes

Never mind bookings. I think there is an excessive amount of straight red cards. Does anyone else agree with this.

I dunno, there's alot of direct red cards, but then I'm playing Colombian Second League, so it's expected. :D

Never mind bookings. I think there is an excessive amount of straight red cards. Does anyone else agree with this.

I've noticed a lot, especially when the other team always seems to get a stern warning

I've had a player sent off within 14 minutes for 2 yellow cards

Do the referee's still have the lenient/strict rating, I haven't looked?

I've noticed a lot, especially when the other team always seems to get a stern warning

I've had a player sent off within 14 minutes for 2 yellow cards

Do the referee's still have the lenient/strict rating, I haven't looked?

When I got the game I started as Newcastle and I got at least one player (sometimes more) sent off on average every other game. I thought it was my tactics so I made sure that the tackling was set to easy but this didn't make any difference since I am still getting players sent of. I eventually got the sack which quite frankly didn't really surprise me too much since I hardly had a squad of players to field.

I seem to get a lot of yellow cards/2nd yellows too. Have collected 75 yellow and 5 red in 36 games this season so far, and it was high last season too. (playing as liverpool)

edit: somethings definitely wrong with this, I have the most bookings of anyone in the premier league (52) and Blackburn (of all teams) have the fewest (24). Now if thats not back to front, i dont know what is...

I agree there are too many bookings in this FM, but I've noticed that the players with aggression stats >15 get booked more frequently than others, which seems fine.

In Romania, we have 5-10 yellow cards almost every game and at least 5 red cards per week.

From statements made by SI reps on the forums, the frequency of cards, etc, is something they monitor quite closely and compare with real world statistics. What often seems from individual anecdotal experience to be too many/too few often turns out to be fairly close to real world frequencies over long-term tests.

Archived