Why cant we have short term contracts

why cant we sign players out of contract on short term contracts like say a month like they do in real football it would help clubs with not much money and would help the player get himself fit and perhaps a long term contract.

I think it would make the game a little more realistic as you seem to be nailing everything else why has this been overlooked again???

trials are ok but say a 1 month contract as in-line with real life

It's apparently a performance thing. If you have month to month contracts instead of effectively year to year contracts, the code which handles contract renewals etc has to run 12 times as often.

Good point honestly. Perhaps the "pay-as-you-play" contract would be a better place to start. I know you can give contracts with appearance fees... in practice, do players ever take a greatly reduced weekly salary with higher appearance fees? Does it actually ever happen in the game?

It's because as contract's expire it takes up quite a bit of processing power and thus far SI haven't found a way round this... if there were short term contracts expiring here there and everywhere the game would run very pedestrian. I'm sure someone will come along and explain this far better, but it was discussed a while back.

Would be a great addition though and as a fan of lower league management something I wholeheartedly agree with. Even being able to offer contracts just to Jan for Summer signings would be a big bonus (especially as the game starts with lots of contracts ending NYE...)

Archived